Brault/Ngoepe optioned to Indy

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Have to say, I'm surprised by this move. I really thought Brault was the favorite to win the #5 starter's spot. Maybe you guys are right...maybe it will be Hutchison. I will be disappointed if that is the case.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

(From another thread)

My prediction (if):

Hutchsion starts, Williams in the bullpen.

Brault starts, Hutchison in the bullpen.

Williams starts, Hutchison in the bullpen.

Glasnow in Triple A.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

This can be both a great and bad time to be a ballplayer on the fringe of playing in the majors.

Players like Brault and Gift likely still have MLB playing time on the horizon, but players like Jason Rogers, who was also cut, may not see much of the majors ever again.

Every day you see where veteran major league players either do or don't make the cut. Rickie Weeks makes it the Rays and

Bonifacio makes it with the Braves, and Peter Bourjas is traded to the Rays. Conversely, Clint Robinson doesn't make the Nats, and Ryan Vogelsong can't make it with the Twins. Great rewards to experience the dream of being a MLB player, but lots of disappointment as well to be told that you just aren't quite good enough.

8 more cuts for the Pirates to make. Lots more disappoint to come for some of the remaining players, some of whom may not have a tomorrow at the MLB level.