Next 13 games

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Next 13 games

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Counting tonight the next 7 games are with teams with non winning records. After those 7 the Bucs go to the Coast for 6 against the Dodgers, and Giants. If they have a losing record or even .500 after these games they might begin to consider moving players like Freese, and Joyce. Those two guys could bring back some prospects to replace players like McGuire or Ramirez.
SteadyFreddy

Next 13 games

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Pirates realistically need to go 5-2 and maybe even 6-1 in these next 7 games before going to LA and San Fran if they really want to keep their wildcard hopes alive. I don't see it happening with as inconsistent as this pitching staff has been.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Next 13 games

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

565A5B0009000805021D07300 wrote: Counting tonight the next 7 games are with teams with non winning records. After those 7 the Bucs go to the Coast for 6 against the Dodgers, and Giants. If they have a losing record or even .500 after these games they might begin to consider moving players like Freese, and Joyce. Those two guys could bring back some prospects to replace players like McGuire or Ramirez.

I agree.

This is the stretch to know if they are in it or not. If they lose and no long term deals can be made (Freese), it will be time to waive players and see what you can get.
Ecbucs

Next 13 games

Post by Ecbucs »

I bet the Bucs go 10-3. They are due for a hot streak.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Next 13 games

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

173130273121520 wrote: I bet the Bucs go 10-3. They are due for a hot streak.

Do "my changes" and I am with you.
fjk090852-7

Next 13 games

Post by fjk090852-7 »

The way they are playing more like 3-10
CarolinaBucco

Next 13 games

Post by CarolinaBucco »

This looks like a team that's going to go maybe 2-4 on the homestand vs. Reds/Padres, then 0-6 at LA & SF.

And don't forget guys ... if the Pirates move players like Freese or Joyce, then it's our policy to GIVE AWAY prospects as part of the deal. So stop this talk about trading those guys for prospects. That's not the way it works around here.
SteadyFreddy

Next 13 games

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Pirates should have swept yesterday with Cole on the mound. They really needed too after having a horrible week in Atlanta and last weekend in Milwaukee. The Padres are a team the Pirates need to maybe sweep as well. They are struggling a lot recently, and haven't won consecutive games in a month. At some point the Pirates cannot continue to just tread water here in the standings like they have been doing the last 2-3 weeks. Somebody at some point as far as one of these teams chasing the wildcard is going to get hot and catch fire here. This winning one losing one, and going 3-3 during the week against bad teams instead of 4-2 or maybe even 5-1 is going to catch up to the Pirates here eventually. They really need to get hot here similar to the way they did at the end of June and early July when they won 7 in a row, and won something like 12 of 16 games. That is the kind of stretch it is probably going to take here for the Pirates to have a legit chance of being that 2nd wildcard team.