What About Matt Moore?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BucsFaninGA

What About Matt Moore?

Post by BucsFaninGA »

As Jolly Roger posted on another thread. Matt Moore is an option...Rumor has it D-Rays seem want to deal him...We have the trade chips...It all has to do with Huntington. I agree that he needs to hold onto Meadows, Bell, and Glasnow....Still a lot of depth in catching, middle infield and OF to deal...The Bucs certainly have not been finding starting pitchers dumpster diving or dealing in the offseason. The thought of us completing with Jeff Locke and Jon Neise is ridiculous...Will be interesting to see what Huntington does ove the next couple days...

Beat'em Bucs :)
JollyRoger

What About Matt Moore?

Post by JollyRoger »

Like I mentioned, Moore seems like a reasonable target that wont cost the farm. Plus he is putting together some nice starts. Could be a good rebound candidate
SteadyFreddy

What About Matt Moore?

Post by SteadyFreddy »

He pitched well in LA yesterday against the Dodgers and if we can get him for maybe someone like Hanson and maybe a guy like Mitch Keller Clay Holmes or even Trevor Williams I would definitely do. I don't know who else I would be willing to part with but that would definitely be a start.
steve49

What About Matt Moore?

Post by steve49 »

Matt Moore looks to be getting back to full strength after surgery. 8 of last 9 strs were quality . Signed through 2019 at a very reasonable price. So , IMO , the price is much higher than you all have in this thread. Especially with the apparent lack of quality pitching help in this year's market.
SteadyFreddy

What About Matt Moore?

Post by SteadyFreddy »

7C7B6A796A3B360F0 wrote: Matt Moore looks to be getting back to full strength after surgery. 8 of last 9 strs were quality . Signed through 2019 at a very reasonable price. So , IMO , the price is much higher than you all have in this thread. Especially with the apparent lack of quality pitching help in this year's market. I still think he can be had for two or three solid B-C prospects. He is not worth giving up a Bell,Meadows, or Glasnow for. If Tampa thinks they are going to get top notch prospects for Moore it isn't going to happen. He is not Chris Archer.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

What About Matt Moore?

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I like this option.

rucker59@gmail.com

What About Matt Moore?

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Forget Archer and ridiculous asking price. Moore makes real sense.
UtahPirate

What About Matt Moore?

Post by UtahPirate »

Shameless bump...

http://onlybucs.net/board/cgi-bin/onlyb ... 1468277223

Where were you guys when I posted this trade three weeks ago?

In some ways it is too bad that he's pitched so well lately because I've always thought the Rays are really difficult to deal with. His recent play makes it a little harder.
SteadyFreddy

What About Matt Moore?

Post by SteadyFreddy »

He still is not worth anymore then B-C level prospects no matter how well he is pitching recently. The Rays gave away Price a few years ago and got garbage for him pretty much, I'm sure the Pirates given the right circumstances can pull off a decent deal to acquire Moore.
BucsFaninGA

What About Matt Moore?

Post by BucsFaninGA »

UtahPirates, Sorry to overlook your post. I meant no disrespect! You are spot on, a reclamation project like Matt Moore makes more sense than Archer. No need to just give top prospects away for a 4th starter. Hope Neal Huntington comes out from under his desk and talks Tampa Bay into a deal that helps both teams. Having Moore to go along with Cole, Liriano and then Tallion and Kuhl or Brault or Glasnow makes for a decent looking staff. Our starting pitching would be competitive. Hoping better days are ahead for the Pirate Faithful! 8-)