The #8 poll disguised as the #9 poll (OK, winner is #9)

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

psuinpgh21

Post by psuinpgh21 »

So things have changed a little bit since the last poll. The Colin Moran poll was close between 5th and add him to this poll, but 5th won slightly. That will drop Hayes to 6th, Newman to 7th and Hearn to 8th. Although Hearn only won by 2 votes. Adding the two new OFers, Jason Martin and Bryan Reynolds. Will it be one of the new Outfielders, or a poll veteran that takes #9. Does the trade of Cutch and Cole, and the return for them, change anyone's view of the existing prospects? Depending on how this poll works out, I may not add a player next time, I don't want to get too many options.

The results so far:

1. Mitch Keller, 21, SP, AA (88% of the vote)

2. Austin Meadows, 22, OF, AAA (also 88% of the vote)

3. Shane Baz, 18, SP, Rookie league (34.1%)

4. Cole Tucker, 21, SS, AA (53.7%)

5. Colin Moran, 24, 3B, AAA/MLB (as placed by previous poll)

6. Ke'Bryan Hayes, 20, 3B, A+ (52.8% in #5 poll)

7. Kevin Newman, 24, SS, AAA (34.1% in #6 poll)

8. Taylor Hearn, 23, SP, A+ (40% in #7 poll)
psuinpgh21

Post by psuinpgh21 »

My question about Crick- I thought 30 appearances or 50 innings was the cutoff for a rookie. He made 30 appearances last year, so I thought he would not qualify. Barbato lost his rookie status last year without reaching 50 IP
SyrBucco

Post by SyrBucco »

I was going to go with Reynolds or Martin and because I have never seen either play in person or TV, the best I can do is trust the official site. Reynolds it is.
OrlandoMerced

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Seems like Reynolds already has a nice floor, so it doesn't really look like he'd need to do a ton to emerge as a contributor at the ML level.