Baz signing?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CTBucco

Baz signing?

Post by CTBucco »

So, the word was that we had a deal in place, and that he was coming to Pittsburgh to sign it on Thursday (yesterday). Yet here we are on Friday evening. No press release. No press conference. No signing - apparently.

Anyone heard anything?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Baz signing?

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

This started because Baz, himself, tweeted that he will sign. Then Alan Saunders on Twitter said it was going to happen on Thursday. I am not sure, but Saunders writes for some blogs or online sites. Saunders was the one who said the date.

I didn't read or hear anything from a main Pirates' source. I just assumed the deal was in the works and once finished, Baz will be in town to get his picture taken and sign the deal.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Baz signing?

It just happened. Baz has signed.
mouse

Baz signing?

Post by mouse »

I understood he was coming Thursday to get his physical and then to sign. That process usually takes a bit, please they like to show him around and show him off. He'll most likely be at the game tonight, if there is one.
RichD

Baz signing?

Post by RichD »

Kid has 3 pitches that he can throw for strikes already. That sounds good to me. Just turned 18 wow. Looks a little light in the lower half of body.Could definately add some core power.

Guess we will see in about 4 years. lol

How are these high school kids housed? Do they have a dorm or something ?Or do they all have to find roomates and apartments and they are on their own?
ChitownBucco

Baz signing?

Post by ChitownBucco »

300B010A26620 wrote: Kid has 3 pitches that he can throw for strikes already. That sounds good to me. Just turned 18 wow. Looks a little light in the lower half of body.Could definately add some core power.

Guess we will see in about 4 years. lol

How are these high school kids housed? Do they have a dorm or something ?Or do they all have to find roomates and apartments and they are on their own?

The low minor leagues usually utilize host families with extra space in their house.

http://www.wcyb.com/news/virginia/brist ... /545625290
BenM

Baz signing?

Post by BenM »

I don't know how Baz will be as a pitcher, but he has the PR game locked down. He started out by praising the team (history, management and coaching) and then on a pre-game interview today he said the highlight of his trip to Pittsburgh was Primanti.

As for where he will be living. I really think this is an area that the Bucs could exploit to generate another sliver of competitive advantage. The kids (for the most part) don't make any money so their off field conditions are far worse than a collegiate player.

So make sure they have housing without the team having to beg for free accommodations. Have a nutritional training table for them to eat at instead of them eating cheap ramen and eggs because of their budget.

Treat them like the professionals that you hope the will develop into.
ScottinMass

Baz signing?

Post by ScottinMass »

Baz will be pitching in the GCL this year. Those players are housed at Pirate City in dorms with all their meals provided.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Baz signing?

The Pirates were one of the first teams to hire a Sports Dietitian. Leslie Bonci is that person and many teams follow her lead.

The Pirates feed their players from the minors all the way up to the majors.
BenM

Baz signing?

Post by BenM »

Thanks for the information!