Good Article On Available Minor FA's at RumBunter

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SyrBucco

Post by SyrBucco »

https://rumbunter.com/2021/10/27/pittsb ... t-targets/

I love articles that show some solid research, and this is one for sure. I hope we can get one of the righty pitchers listed: A.J. Cole, Dany Jimenez, and Reyes Moronta. Any of them would likely be an improvement over many of the guys we trotted out last season.
ChillinStation

Post by ChillinStation »

I was just reading that article! I like that 1b guy to platoon with whoever. He has some sorely needed power.

Last season I wanted a FA guy like Duvall to add some pop. Sure they have warts but HR power is at least fun to watch.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

1E343F0F382E2E224D0 wrote: https://rumbunter.com/2021/10/27/pittsb ... t-targets/

I love articles that show some solid research, and this is one for sure. I hope we can get one of the righty pitchers listed: A.J. Cole, Dany Jimenez, and Reyes Moronta. Any of them would likely be an improvement over many of the guys we trotted out last season.
I would certainly take a chance on Cole- not too high on the other three
BellevueBuc

Post by BellevueBuc »

7B5051545451566B4C594C515756380 wrote: I was just reading that article! I like that 1b guy to platoon with whoever. He has some sorely needed power.

Last season I wanted a FA guy like Duvall to add some pop. Sure they have warts but HR power is at least fun to watch.

I did not see the point to adding one year position players like Duvall, they would be gone at the end of the year. The 2021 team was going to be awful even with a guy like that, so they might as well see if they can find someone. Gamel worked out, similar overall to Duvall. The rest failed badly.

This year is different, they really should be looking to add players that can stick around for more than a year or two. They have tons of budget space, not a single player signed past 2021.

Doubt he is available, but Duvall is not exactly what i would want them to target anyways. instead of a 3 outcome player, he is a two outcome player.