Tomorrow Is The Day To Exchange Arbitration Figures

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4F7A6D6D665F6D6D66616D080 wrote: What is the difference between. "Operating Income" and "Revenue"? 

Is OI the Revenue from ticket sales, parking, and concessions?

Is Revenue the income from all sources?

Back on Point- Reynolds- do we know when the hearing takes place?
IDK but I would guess operating income is the revenue generated by the team itself and revenue would be that plus whatever the team receives from other sources like luxury tax or broadcast rights fees. Since the Trib article puts Pirates income in the range of Boston and Cubs, I'm guessing it doesn't include their local broadcast fees either. I don't think the Pirates get anything close to what Boston and the Cubs get in that department. But national broadcasting fees from ESPN, Fox, etc are shared equally as far as I know.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

704E4B43504848436346514215270 wrote: People noticing the cheapness of Nutting and the handing of the Brian Reynolds

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/peoplea ... c56ef55b3b

Ferrall summed up the Pirates quite nicely when he said that baseball has a new deal and billions are being spent, yet the Pirates won't spend $4 million (actually, an extra $700,000) for their best player.  I'm the first to admit that spending more money offers no guarantees but $700K in today's game is like you or me spending an extra $1 when we fill-up our grocery cart.
And some call you an Apologist. How dare them!! :D :D

Some have agendas while some are myna birds, unable to construct their own thoughts.  I find them amusing.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

247264707F65757E736456717B777F7A3875160 wrote: People noticing the cheapness of Nutting and the handing of the Brian Reynolds

Ferrall summed up the Pirates quite nicely when he said that baseball has a new deal and billions are being spent, yet the Pirates won't spend $4 million (actually, an extra $700,000) for their best player.  I'm the first to admit that spending more money offers no guarantees but $700K in today's game is like you or me spending an extra $1 when we fill-up our grocery cart.
The Nutting cheapness needs to be brought up more and more. Local media should hammer him constantly. Local politicians should come out, and remind him of the tax payer funded ballpark. He is an embarrassment for baseball. MLB should also put the heat on him. I cannot believe the Pirates had Steve Blass give a speech to the team a few days ago regarding being a Pirate. I can see guys snickering, and making comments quietly while Blass was talking. I could hear someone under their breath say we have a cheap ass owner.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

3D6B7D69667C6C676A7D4F68626E6663216C0F0 wrote: People noticing the cheapness of Nutting and the handing of the Brian Reynolds

Some have agendas while some are myna birds, unable to construct their own thoughts.  I find them amusing.

Now that I like. You were very diplomatic and didn't refer to anyone by name- Very good.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

4A46471C151C14191E011B2C0 wrote: People noticing the cheapness of Nutting and the handing of the Brian Reynolds

The Nutting cheapness needs to be brought up more and more. Local media should hammer him constantly. Local politicians should come out, and remind him of the tax payer funded ballpark. He is an embarrassment for baseball. MLB should also put the heat on him. I cannot believe the Pirates had Steve Blass give a speech to the team a few days ago regarding being a Pirate. I can see guys snickering, and making comments quietly while Blass was talking.  I could hear someone under their breath  say we have a cheap ass owner.

I understand your frustration and I, too, would love to see withering heat put upon him, but Nutting can’t be shamed. After watching his actions since he gained control of the franchise, particularly in the years since 2015, he’s shown what he is, and he’s not going to change under pressure from the players, fans, or media, none of whose opinion matters to him.

If anyone can pressure him it might be local business leaders, CEOs of the city’s major corporations, especially PNC’s. I’d be mortified if I were a big shot at PNC and my company’s name was closely tied to the Pirates like their’s is.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

112F2A22312929220227302374460 wrote: People noticing the cheapness of Nutting and the handing of the Brian Reynolds

Now that I like. You were very diplomatic and didn't refer to anyone by name- Very good.

Let's not forget that sheep have agendas of their own, too. And, sheep that play both sides of the fence change agendas with the tide.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

For all the bashing of Nutting that I have made, I have this glimmer of hope that the Pirates will work out some deal with Reynolds. Why not buy out 3 of his arbitration years ? That would take him through 2024, and I would assume his age 30 years.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4B47461D141D15181F001A2D0 wrote: For all the bashing of Nutting that I have made, I have this glimmer of hope that the Pirates will work out some deal with Reynolds. Why not buy out 3 of his arbitration years ? That would take him through 2024, and I would assume his age 30 years.
That could happen and he is arb eligible thru 2025. But they would still trade him before his final arb year because they'd want to deal him with at least a year left before he becomes a FA.
BenM

Post by BenM »

The Pirates decided that the free agent acquisition of Roberto Perez was worth $5 million a year. I find it hard to believe that their valuation of Reynolds at 4.25 million is anything other than a lowball offer.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

03242F0C410 wrote: The Pirates decided that the free agent acquisition of Roberto Perez was worth $5 million a year. I find it hard to believe that their valuation of Reynolds at 4.25 million is anything other than a lowball offer.
You make a good point as to the amount they gave Perez. Why would they lowball their best player, or even not attempt to resolve the outstanding contract? I cannot understand what the Pirates reasoning is for not settling with Reynolds. As a long time Pirates fan it is very upsetting.