6-3
Bobster21

7/3 Game Thread Liriano vs Mengden

Post by Bobster21 »

Kang is due.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Liriano gets first win since the 8th grade picnic!
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

467071666D6C7664476A7676050 wrote: Frazier is looking like 2014 J-Hay...

This. Exactly.

Watching the triple by Frazier was pretty cool with JHay running from 1st. Remembering the unexpected spark from JHay, maybe Frazier will be the lightening in a bottle that turns this season.

I know one thing - I already feel comfortable with him at the plate. Can take a pitch and now we know he can turn on a pitch as well.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

This bullpen is starting to be lights out over the last week or so which is a big reason for winning 7 of the last 9 games. With the Cubs struggling some both these series with the Cubs and Cards this week are very important. It would be nice to go 4-3 maybe even 5-2. The schedule gets much easier for the Pirates after the break. So still a lot of time for the Bucs to make a run at a playoff spot.
Steve19981

Post by Steve19981 »

3433252D2334737F06212B272F2A6825292B460 wrote: Frazier is looking like 2014 J-Hay...

This. Exactly.

Watching the triple by Frazier was pretty cool with JHay running from 1st.  Remembering the unexpected spark from JHay, maybe Frazier will be the lightening in a bottle that turns this season.

I know one thing - I already feel comfortable with him at the plate.  Can take a pitch and now we know he can turn on a pitch as well.

He reminds me a lot of Jeff Keppinger. Versatile defensively, athletic, line drive hitter with some gap but with little to no HR power. Puts the ball in play consistently.
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

All 3 games this series had a moment early where I thought "he we go again." But, all 3 times this team came right back swinging...time to get some revenge before the break...
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

0B3D3C2B20213B290A273B3B480 wrote: All 3 games this series had a moment early where I thought "he we go again."  But, all 3 times this team came right back swinging...time to get some revenge before the break... Yea I thought the same things too as the Bucs fell down by 2 or 3 runs every game in the Oakland series but found a way to win each game. Big series by David Freese who has just been an excellent pickup for the Bucs. He is so clutch and you can always rely on him to deliver a big time game changing hit of some sort.