Cutch dealt to Giants

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by Ecbucs »

I can see Nick Hundley coming back to Pirates. Hoping to be wrong.
PMike

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by PMike »

Kyle Crick is alleged in the return - a control problem reliever. Sounds about right.
ScottinMass

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by ScottinMass »

While I knew it was coming. I too am absolutely crushed that this happened. i wish him the best, but man I will miss that smile when times were good!

Only name being mentioned as coming back so far is Kyle Crick (2011 49th overall pick who has massive command issues and who is now a reliever) This sucks!!
steve49

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by steve49 »

It's not going too be much. Let's face it 1 year of Cutch at around 14mill. is not getting you a top prospect.

Just reading Kyle Crick is part of the deal ? His stats look like a hot pile of garbage .... although 2017 not that bad.
ScottinMass

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by ScottinMass »

322F0B0907620 wrote: Kyle Crick is alleged in the return - a control problem reliever.  Sounds about right.
We have cornered the market on them.

The word is out to the rest of the league, 'if you have a reliever with command issues, give us a call, we'll work out a deal'
BucsFaninGA

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Good luck to #22. Heck of player and a good guy. Wish him much success and a ring with the SF Giants, a classy organization. They play to win! And Cutch will be reunited with Melancon and Hunter Strickland. Will be interesting to see how Andrew does in San Fran. Wish he and his wife and newborn son nothing but the best. Class guy Andrew McCutchen-truly one of Pittsburgh's best for quite a few years!

Bucs Fan in GA

Beat'em Bucs
SCBucco

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by SCBucco »

425F7B7977120 wrote: Kyle Crick is alleged in the return - a control problem reliever.  Sounds about right.

We already got one of those in the Cole deal.
PMike

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by PMike »

4858596E7878741B0 wrote: Kyle Crick is alleged in the return - a control problem reliever.  Sounds about right.

We already got one of those in the Cole deal.

We are working on the best collection of hard throwing relievers with control problems in baseball. Glasnow will complete the collection this summer.
Osushawn

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by Osushawn »

Is it possible that Cutch will sign back with the Bucco's as a FA in the winter of 2019? This has to be the plan:-)
Bobster21

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by Bobster21 »

Is it just coincidence that the trade is announced on the day all of Pittsburgh is talking about the Steelers? Is this the BMTIB's plan to minimize fan reaction?