Daniel Nava a Buc

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Daniel Nava a Buc

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

121A192E381D3A355B0 wrote: Apparently NH intends to offer a minor league deal if he doesn't get another offer he likes better, so it could work out all the way around.
This one is odd to me, because his deal was already a minor league deal. Are they trying to save money with a cheaper minor league deal due to the injury?

Just my guess...I suspect they are giving him the opportunity to see what else, if anything, is out there. Everybody probably knows he isn't getting an MLB deal due to the injury. But, it seems to me they are being good employers and freeing him up from his contract to explore his options. When it inevitably turns out that there really isn't a better option, both sides have a mutual agreement in place to come back to each other.

I don't think even this organization would be cheap enough to count pennies on a minor league deal.

Exactly.

He probably wouldn't play much in the minors either. Shows good faith

and happens throughout the league.
fjk090852-7

Daniel Nava a Buc

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Nava has resigned a minor league contract with the Bucs. They must expect him to help the team later this season.
BucsFaninGA

Daniel Nava a Buc

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Nice guy to have around. Guy can hit and is versatile! .Would have liked Jay or Jackson, but they are long gone. Nava might be just the best available guy out there on the cheap. And we know how Nutting and Huntington like to operate on the cheap.

Beat'em Bucs 8-)