Game Thread - 6/15 - Bucs @ Cards

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Is there a rule I’m unaware of that says the Pirates are not permitted to get Goldschmidt out?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1244524649534348455260474D41494C0E43200 wrote: Interesting that a ball off the netting on an errant throw is in play. i never thought about that.

And the Cardinals getting Piratey. Back to back overthrows to 1B on bunts on consecutive pitches. 4-0 Bucs!

I would think that a ball off the netting would be regarded in the same way as a ball off the wall.  Both the netting and the wall keep the ball on the field and in play. 
That's apparently the idea. But it's a strange sight seeing the ball pushing the screen (preventing it from going out of play), then bouncing off and rolling along a shelf and still being in play.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

184E584C435949424F586A4D474B434604492A0 wrote: Is there a rule I’m unaware of that says the Pirates are not permitted to get Goldschmidt out?
He is having one heck of a series!
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

604D40515647501013220 wrote: Reynolds is red hot! Triple!
I would say that Reynolds has figured it out!
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Thank goodness Wainwright isn't pitching tonight!
2drfischer@gmail.c

6B464B5A5D4C5B1B18290 wrote: Interesting that a ball off the netting on an errant throw is in play. i never thought about that.

And the Cardinals getting Piratey. Back to back overthrows to 1B on bunts on consecutive pitches. 4-0 Bucs!

I would think that a ball off the netting would be regarded in the same way as a ball off the wall.  Both the netting and the wall keep the ball on the field and in play. 
That's apparently the idea. But it's a strange sight seeing the ball pushing the screen (preventing it from going out of play), then bouncing off and rolling along a shelf and still being in play. 

There was play in another game I think last week where a ball lined down the right field line ricocheted in a weird way and found itself rolling along on top of the wall for what seemed like 20-30 feet.  I feel sorry for all the other sports.  There’s just nothing like baseball.
2drfischer@gmail.c

7947424A5941414A6A4F584B1C2E0 wrote: Is there a rule I’m unaware of that says the Pirates are not permitted to get Goldschmidt out?
He is having one heck of a series!

I think the world of him as a player and person. When he hits a HR, he drops his bat, runs around the bases without any gyrations, and shakes hands with the 3rd base coach and guys at the plate without any preprogrammed, scripted routine. Very classy.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Vogelbach is down to .217, which is still better than his career BA of .210. VanMeter has a better career BA of .212. Maybe VanMeter can give him some batting tips.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Crowe can't make a 10 foot throw to Hayes in a rundown.
2drfischer@gmail.c

042924353223347477460 wrote: Vogelbach is down to .217, which is still better than his career BA of .210. VanMeter has a better career BA of .212. Maybe VanMeter can give him some batting tips.

Maybe the disaster this road trip has been will speed up the parting of ways with Vogelbach and the other veterans who have no future here. I hope so. Losing 95 games with those vets or 105 games with rookies is really no different in this one final year of rebuilding. In fact, it would be beneficial in the long run as it gives the young guys a head start on moving toward being competitive.