Nova

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Nova

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

This is a great deal. Like $9 million a year with the signing bonus. I love this deal.

There is the Starting Pitcher Huntington said he would get. He might have been the top pitcher (at least top 3) on the market.
Roberto218

Nova

Post by Roberto218 »

Great deal for Bucs!
notes34

Nova

Post by notes34 »

Nice job NH! Now finish the trade for Quintana without giving up Meadows or Bell :D
rucker59@gmail.com

Nova

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Yeah!! Very very happy. Can't believe Nova signed for that. This gives us the room for maneuvering. If Neal could do something with the Sox - it would CAHANGE everything!
Quail

Nova

Post by Quail »

4E636E7F78697E3E3D0C0 wrote: Rosenthal is reporting Bucs signing Nova AND trying to get Quintana.

I'm gobsmacked that NH managed to make this happen. Kudos to him for getting the deal done for Nova! Now if what Bobster suggests above comes to fruition I'll be as excited about the Pirates 2017 off season moves as I've ever been.
SammyKhalifa

Nova

Post by SammyKhalifa »

The pessimistic Pirate fan in me keeps wondering that in these days of runaway contracts for starting pitchers, what was it about Nova that made him attract seemingly zero attention.
MaineBucs

Nova

Post by MaineBucs »

Unbelievable!

Even if Nova tanks, based on his overall performance with the Pirates at the end of the season, there is reason to believe that Nova can be a plus pitcher for the Bucs.

Way to go NH. Good signing. Starting to feel that there is a glimmer of hope for next season.

Now, go get Quintana.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Nova

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

At $9 million, it is worth the risk if he tanks. This is what everyone wanted, right? Nova is younger and more upside than Happ, which everyone wanted last year.
SammyKhalifa

Nova

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Ha, don't get me wrong I agree.
SammyKhalifa

Nova

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman 1h1 hour ago

In addition to his $26M over 3 years, Nova has $2M per year in performance bonuses.

Let's hope he earns them!