Bucs and a Cards to each add an extra player tonight

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

The HR off Bell's bat sounded like a firecracker!
Jerseykc

Post by Jerseykc »

Probably got a bigger crowd in Williamsport than in Pittsburgh.

Jerseykc

Post by Jerseykc »

4844451E171E161B1C03192E0 wrote: I just saw a post from Joe Block that says the Bucs and Cards are each permitted to add a 26th player for the game tonight. I am kind of wondering if the Pirates player will be Austin Meadows since he has not played the past two games at Indy. I believe there is space on the 40 man roster since Gosselin was claimed on waivers.

I'm going with Jacob Stallings (because you can never have enough catchers, right?) or Chris Bostick.
You nailed it, Stallings is the guy.

Stallings was probably the only one who would agree to go to Williamsport.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

Fun game and good rebound to the series. Bullpen was strong again.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

A 2-4 week against both the Brewers and Cardinals still was not good enough for this Pirates team they needed to do a lot better.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

41466A7D6B080 wrote: Fun game and good rebound to the series.   Bullpen was strong again.

It was a fun game. MLB and ESPN did a great job putting this on.

Good game - Pirates played another complete game.

Josh Bell - when he gets tired of baseball he's a natural broadcaster. Great job on ESPN interview.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

5651474F4156111D644349454D480A474B49240 wrote: Fun game and good rebound to the series.   Bullpen was strong again.

It was a fun game.  MLB and ESPN did a great job putting this on.

Good game - Pirates played another complete game.

Josh Bell - when he gets tired of baseball he's a natural broadcaster.  Great job on ESPN interview.

Yes, cool game. If they do this in the future (and I'm sure they will), seems they would always need to include the Pirates or Phillies. LLWS isn't going anywhere and that's too far to travel in the middle of the year for everyone else to give up a home game.

I suppose it might work with say, Cubs and Braves if the Cubs then go play in Pittsburgh on Monday and the Braves go to Philly.

I loved the camera angle from behind home plate. I wish they'd keep that. I suspect eventually we'll be able to have our pick of which camera angle we watch the game from. You can already do this with MLB.tv in the postseason.

But, typical Pirates...lay an egg for six games in a row, including blowing two four run leads, and then come back with two decent wins. If the Bucs take two games against the Dodgers, I'll be VERY impressed. Watson will probably throw three innings, with six Ks, no walks, no hits, no runs.

At this stage, I punt on the rest of the year. Keep extending Taillon, Kuhl, and Williams in their first full MLB years. Give Osuna and Diaz extended looks. Bring up Brault, Glasnow, and Kingham. See if they can have do in MLB what they are doing in MiLB. This season is done. Even if they get hot, go 33-5 over their last 38, win the division and get in the playoffs, we're still without Marte, with 60% of our rotation going way beyond an innings threshold.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I really enjoyed the game last night. It was a good idea. Seems like all the players enjoyed the atmosphere and hanging out with the kids. I liked the uniforms, the crack of the bat, and of course the Pirates played really well. Of course, the handshakes too.

This had to help the fan bases of both teams too. I am sure those kids now have some favorite players.