Cutch dealt to Giants

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by Ecbucs »

he Pirates and Giants are in agreement on a trade that will send outfielder Andrew McCutchen from Pittsburgh to San Francisco, Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic tweets. The deal is pending a physical. Jon Heyman and Robert Murray of FanRag had recently reported that talks between the two sides were intensifying.
CarolinaBucco

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I feel sick to my stomach. Truly, truly sad. At this point I don't even care what the return is.

This is dark day in franchise history. The end of the Andrew McCutchen Era.

I realize his skills have declined a bit, yes, but it's still heartbreaking to me ... and to my son.
psuinpgh21

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by psuinpgh21 »

Not familiar with the Giants farm system, I read their top prospect is an 18 year old rookie league OF. Any indication what is coming back?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Once Cole was traded, I expected this. Yes, very sad to see McCutchen go.

The Giants do have a bunch on outfielders in their top prospect list. But overall, I didn't think they had many top prospects.
NJBucsFan

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by NJBucsFan »

I will freely cop to being purely emotional on this one. But at the moment I don't really care what the return is. This hurts.
IABucFan

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by IABucFan »

Stings, but the right move for the franchise. Harrison and Cervelló need to be moved now, too.
CarolinaBucco

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by CarolinaBucco »

If you had told me in September 2015 that this would be the state of the franchise in January 2018, I would have never, ever believed it.

I actually thought the franchise had turned the corner and was set up for several years of winning, of being either good, very good or great.

Silly me. Naive me. What an idiot.
Ecbucs

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by Ecbucs »

171F1C2B3D183F305E0 wrote: Stings, but the right move for the franchise. Harrison and Cervelló need to be moved now, too.

Yeah, It is only the right move if team follows through and tries to build a winner. As a lot of my posts say I'm skeptical that they are serious about it.

Unless a major leaguer comes back they have saved 20 million in salaries in the past two days.

rucker59@gmail.com

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Sad sad day. I’m glad for cutch to be out of here. Hope he wins a WS.

We knew it would happen. But in my dream world Cutch is a pirate for life leading this team to the WS championship.
Osushawn

Cutch dealt to Giants

Post by Osushawn »

4645435F5846515E0407360 wrote: Not familiar with the Giants farm system, I read their top prospect is an 18 year old rookie league OF. Any indication what is coming back?

Gorkys Hernandez and Mike Morse

Seriously though, Steven Duggar and Sandro Fabian is what I have heard