Bucs and a Cards to each add an extra player tonight

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I just saw a post from Joe Block that says the Bucs and Cards are each permitted to add a 26th player for the game tonight. I am kind of wondering if the Pirates player will be Austin Meadows since he has not played the past two games at Indy. I believe there is space on the 40 man roster since Gosselin was claimed on waivers.
BenM

Post by BenM »

Are the Bucs getting compensation from MLB to make up for the lost home gate attendance?

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

082F24074A0 wrote: Are the Bucs getting compensation from MLB to make up for the lost home gate attendance?

I have never read they are being compensated for the loss of a game, but I am sure MLB is giving them something for the loss of a home game.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I did read several months back that the Pirates would be compensated by MLB for the lost revenue of a relocated home game.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

363A3B6069606865627D67500 wrote: I just saw a post from Joe Block that says the Bucs and Cards are each permitted to add a 26th player for the game tonight. I am kind of wondering if the Pirates player will be Austin Meadows since he has not played the past two games at Indy. I believe there is space on the 40 man roster since Gosselin was claimed on waivers.

I'm going with Jacob Stallings (because you can never have enough catchers, right?) or Chris Bostick.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

1F3833105D0 wrote: Are the Bucs getting compensation from MLB to make up for the lost home gate attendance?

According to the PG this morning they are being compensated by MLB for the lost home game revenue.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

202C2D767F767E73746B71460 wrote: I just saw a post from Joe Block that says the Bucs and Cards are each permitted to add a 26th player for the game tonight. I am kind of wondering if the Pirates player will be Austin Meadows since he has not played the past two games at Indy. I believe there is space on the 40 man roster since Gosselin was claimed on waivers.

The Pirates don't have the financial flexibility to carry an extra player for a day
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

19392A3736580 wrote: I just saw a post from Joe Block that says the Bucs and Cards are each permitted to add a 26th player for the game tonight. I am kind of wondering if the Pirates player will be Austin Meadows since he has not played the past two games at Indy. I believe there is space on the 40 man roster since Gosselin was claimed on waivers.

I'm going with Jacob Stallings (because you can never have enough catchers, right?) or Chris Bostick.
You nailed it, Stallings is the guy.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

414D4C171E171F12150A10270 wrote: I just saw a post from Joe Block that says the Bucs and Cards are each permitted to add a 26th player for the game tonight. I am kind of wondering if the Pirates player will be Austin Meadows since he has not played the past two games at Indy. I believe there is space on the 40 man roster since Gosselin was claimed on waivers.

You nailed it, Stallings is the guy.

hahahahaha that's incredible. Aaron was joking since Stallings would make the least sense. You get an extra player, so why not bring up a no bat 3rd string catcher LOL.

This organization is gone. We're on a crazy train to who knows how many consecutive losing seasons lol
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

john Bormann took the loss for Indy today.

Luplow should have been recalled.