The must see movie thread

offtopic

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Ok, last night I was privileged to watch maybe the most gripping, and very possibly the most important, movie I have ever seen. I wonder if anyone else has seen it: Cartel Land.

If you've never heard of it, it won all kinds of Indy awards including at Sundance. It's an absolutely true, events as they happen, documentary about vigilante groups in the US and especially in Mexico trying to fight Mexican drug cartels shipping crystal meth to the US. An unscripted documentary turned into one of the great movies ever.

I don't want to give anything away, but the story of human-kind, our past and our future, is on full display in real life.

It's on Netflix. You may be able to get it on YouTube.

If anybody watches it, post your thoughts.

Any other must see movies?
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

I may check that one out based on your recommendation.  I don't really have a recent "must see" recommendation but I do have a "don't bother".  I made it about half way through Allegiant before getting distracted by something else and then forgot to finish watching it. Got it from Red Box. It was just kind of boring, and I liked the first two in the series. 
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Just added Cartel Land to my Netflix streaming list. Try to watch this week.
rucker59@gmail.com

1B3A321B30385F0 wrote: Just added Cartel Land to my Netflix streaming list.  Try to watch this week.

I really want to hear your thoughts.
RichD

Post by RichD »

Cartel Land started out good. I watched it a few months back..The Doctor seems like a good guy at first .But I dunno, i think he has a power trip and wanting to get young pussy. Been cheating on his wife for years and such.

Everyone turned on him at the end . :-

The Cartel will kill him ,soon.

So easy to end most of this trafficking just napalm the the coco fields . What is Columbia going to retaliate with ?

Its business and keeps our prisions filled and more cops and etc etc ...It BS, that we cant knock out the supply to levels that street hustlers would not be able to make a sale .I f you are having to sell street level crack at a huge price the market will die.
rucker59@gmail.com

5368626945010 wrote: Cartel Land started out good. I watched it a few months back..The Doctor seems like a good guy at first .But I dunno, i think he has a power trip and wanting to get young pussy. Been cheating on his wife for years and such.

Everyone turned on him at the end . :-

The Cartel will kill him ,soon.

So easy to end most of this trafficking just napalm the the coco fields . What is Columbia going to retaliate with ?

Its business and keeps our prisions filled and more cops and etc etc ...It BS, that we cant knock out the supply to levels that street hustlers would not be able to make a sale .I f you are having to sell street level crack at a huge price the market will die.

Yeah, the doc's story is a huge part of the story - maybe there are no heros left ....
rucker59@gmail.com

Just watched Spot Light. I've had reason to deal with a few abuse victims personally. The movie was powerful and literally described the victims I've known, down to using the very same words.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

2A2D3B333D2A6D61183F35393134763B3735580 wrote: Just watched Spot Light.  I've had reason to deal with a few abuse victims personally.  The movie was powerful and literally described the victims I've known, down to using the very same words. 

good to know, we have this on our watch list.
ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

I thought The Godfather was the only must-see movie?