Appears Chapman may get traded to Cubs

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

It seems Yanks and Cubs are getting close to a deal for Chapman. This will be one move reason to dislike the Cubs. I would love to see another collapse like they had in 1969.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Please, no!

Keep him out of the way in the AL. I hate the way the guy pitches.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

It must be inevitable that the Cubs would pay the price of restocking the Yankee farm system for the rental of Chapman. They are in win now mode with a bunch of win for awhile players on the roster. Have deep pockets, and the young player resources to make the deal.

I'm not worried about having Chapman back in the NL. We have faced him and have done just ok but he has not totally dominated the Bucs.
mouse

Post by mouse »

I think we have to look at the positive side of this. The Cubs have a fully stocked farm system. This may help thin it out a bit.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

4C6D654C676F080 wrote: It must be inevitable that the Cubs would pay the price of restocking the Yankee farm system for the rental of Chapman.  They are in win now mode with a bunch of win for awhile players on the roster.  Have deep pockets, and the young player resources to make the deal. 

I'm not worried about having Chapman back in the NL.  We have faced him and have done just ok but he has not totally dominated the Bucs.

You are way off. In 40 innings pitched against the Pirates, Chapman has 72 strike outs and a .090 ERA.

Are you just remembering back in 2012 when Barmes and McHenry hit back to back doubles off of him?
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

An eminently lovable player to an eminently lovable team.
Steve19981

Post by Steve19981 »

56544E485E3B0 wrote: I think we have to look at the positive side of this. The Cubs have a fully stocked farm system. This may help thin it out a bit.

Their system isn't as stocked as it had been, but they could burn through some of the good remaining prospects for a two month rental of a closer. Short run, it stings. Long run it could be really good for the Pirates.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

But like the Pirates, their team on the field now will be there a long time. Probably why they can trade some prospects. Not much help is needed in the majors.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

212A222E2B2A317472053C242D2A2A6B262A450 wrote: But like the Pirates, their team on the field now will be there a long time.  Probably why they can trade some prospects.  Not much help is needed in the majors.

And even when they do find holes, they can just go full-on Dodgers and pay for guys.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

There are rumors that Cubs may attempt to extend Chapman before signing off on the trade. That would really be tough on the Bucs in the future if that happens.