Wednesday ... More Pain Suffering on the way

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

In Jimmy Nelson's last start, he went 3.2 IP and allowed 10 runs and 11 hits.

I'm sure today he'll go something like 6+ IP, 4 hits, 1R, 7 Ks.

With Cole on the mound, the Pirates desperately need this game.

Cole needs to step up and dominate a game.

Our feeble offense needs to scratch out 2-3 runs. Cole needs to make 2-3 runs stand up.

But I'm confident things will go wrong and the Pirates will find a way to screw things up. If I were in Vegas today, I'd bet $20 on the Brewers.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Last night's starter, Cy Davies, had given up 6 ER and 11 hits in 5.2 IP in his previous start. So this game should get Cy Nelson back on track. After Cole gives up his usual 2 early runs, he'll have to shut them down the rest of the way while the Pirates flail away at Nelson.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

012C21303726317172430 wrote: Last night's starter, Cy Davies, had given up 6 ER and 11 hits in 5.2 IP in his previous start. So this game should get Cy Nelson back on track. After Cole gives up his usual 2 early runs, he'll have to shut them down the rest of the way while the Pirates flail away at Nelson.

Nelson has pretty good numbers overall on the year, so I will not be surprised if he pitches well, bouncing back from a bad start.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I hope its the free game of the day on MLB.com.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

There will be no more pain and suffering because by the end of tomorrow, we will have acquired Giancarlo "Don't Call Me Mike," Stanton.

Unfortunately we'll have to give up future star, soon to turn 31 years old, Nick Kingham and future NL HR leader Jordan Luplow to make the deal.

But with all the high end prospects we have pumping through our incredible minor league system, we should be fine, as we might end up with a little more value from Stanton than we will from future stars Kingham and Luplow.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

You really think Stanton is better than Luplow?
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

5A51595550514A0F097E475F565151105D513E0 wrote: You really think Stanton is better than Luplow?

It's a close call, but I might give the slight edge to Stanton.

Luplow will likely end up with the better overall career, but in the near future, we may benefit from Stanton, because it could take Luplow a little while a the ML level, to fully blossom.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

666D65696C6D763335427B636A6D6D2C616D020 wrote: You really think Stanton is better than Luplow?
No Luplow is cheaper so he has to fit in better with the Pirates. We wouldn't want anyone player making too much money and disrupting the locker room.
BenM

Post by BenM »

45445F4E58181F2B0 wrote: You really think Stanton is better than Luplow?
No Luplow is cheaper so he has to fit in better with the Pirates. We wouldn't want anyone player making too much money and disrupting the locker room.

This is true. But Stanton provides cost certainty giving us financial flexibility through 2027.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

06212A09440 wrote: You really think Stanton is better than Luplow?

This is true. But Stanton provides cost certainty giving us financial flexibility through 2027.

Sorry, Stanton has fallen through. Seems Neal was able to come to terms with Jaso for a long term contract. Neal said "money is no object" in signing Jaso. The "best OF in baseball" is secure for the long term.