It's time to part ways with Freese

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

I would not keep Freese on this team either trade him (good luck or let him go) I'd really like this Bryce Brentz and I also like Osuna so I'd keep them both up I think he can play 3rd and I've not been impressed by Moran so they may need a 3rd baseman this year and Freese ain't it. We may need to send Osuna down for a while, while we try and get someone to take Freese, but noway you can keep Osuna down, the guy can flat out hit, and we need someone like that in our every day lineup. Also think Luplow has looked good really hitting the ball hard. I've not been impressed with Dickerson either, so may need Luplow sooner than later. Sure not seeing much from the guys we traded our two best players for, NH may be continuing his poor trade record. Hope Moran, Dickerson, and Musgrove get it in gear soon.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

697173747463727568697F1A0 wrote: I would not keep Freese on this team either trade him (good luck or let him go)  I'd really like this Bryce Brentz and I also like Osuna so I'd keep them both up I think he can play 3rd and I've not been impressed by Moran so they may need a 3rd baseman this year and Freese ain't it.   We may need to send Osuna down for a while, while we try and get someone to take Freese, but noway you can keep Osuna down, the guy can flat out hit, and we need someone like that in our every day lineup.  Also think Luplow has looked good really hitting the ball hard.  I've not been impressed with Dickerson either, so may need Luplow sooner than later.   Sure not seeing much from the guys we traded our two best players for, NH may be continuing his poor trade record.  Hope Moran, Dickerson, and Musgrove get it in gear soon.

I don't disagree with you about Freese, but Moran and Dickerson are hitting .324 and .318 respectively this spring. Seems a bit harsh to say they need to get it in gear.
Quail

Post by Quail »

Freese does seem like a luxury on a team that's rebuilding, but so are Cervelli, Mercer, JHay and Nova, albeit to perhaps a lesser degree. Fear not, Freese will be gone by the trade deadline or as soon as he can bring back something in return (think injury to a contending team's third baseman).
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

7E76754254715659370 wrote: I would not keep Freese on this team either trade him (good luck or let him go)  I'd really like this Bryce Brentz and I also like Osuna so I'd keep them both up I think he can play 3rd and I've not been impressed by Moran so they may need a 3rd baseman this year and Freese ain't it.   We may need to send Osuna down for a while, while we try and get someone to take Freese, but noway you can keep Osuna down, the guy can flat out hit, and we need someone like that in our every day lineup.  Also think Luplow has looked good really hitting the ball hard.  I've not been impressed with Dickerson either, so may need Luplow sooner than later.   Sure not seeing much from the guys we traded our two best players for, NH may be continuing his poor trade record.  Hope Moran, Dickerson, and Musgrove get it in gear soon.

I don't disagree with you about Freese, but Moran and Dickerson are hitting .324 and .318 respectively this spring. Seems a bit harsh to say they need to get it in gear.

I've watched several of the games and Brentz takes very healthy swings and very hard contact many hit right at people. Now no doubt Brentz is fighting for a job and Dickerson isn't, he looks like a guy who is guaranteed a position. Same with Moran don't see a lot of fire in him, and I'm not in favor of handing a position to anyone, I'd like to see them earn it and I'm not seeing either one of these guys demonstrating they deserve they're position. Competetion is the best motivator and I'd like to see everyone giving a fair shot. I hope they both turn out great, but I just wish they were competing for their positions and not just handed to them. Of course that's a NH and CH problem and oh yeah they each have 4 year contracts so you can see where they got that attitude.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

4C545651514657504D4C5A3F0 wrote:

Same with Moran don't see a lot of fire in him, and I'm not in favor of handing a position to anyone, I'd like to see them earn it and I'm not seeing either one of these guys demonstrating they deserve they're position. 

What kind of "fire" are you looking for, dude is hitting .325.
sdimmick3

Post by sdimmick3 »

listen to Moran talk, he doesnt get too excited. Kinda like a Adam LaRoche, soft talker, lets hope his bat isnt that soft. I think Moran will be good, not great.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

55424F4B4B4F454D15260 wrote: listen to Moran talk, he doesnt get too excited.  Kinda like a Adam LaRoche, soft talker, lets hope his bat isnt that soft.  I think Moran will be good, not great. 

LaRoche got a bad rep here in Pittsburgh. Overall, he had some nice seasons and had an OPS over .800 as a Pirate. LaRoche cared a lot, he just wasn't a rah rah guy.

Moran kind of looks like LaRoche. It's probably the beard.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

040F070B0E0F145157201901080F0F4E030F600 wrote: listen to Moran talk, he doesnt get too excited.  Kinda like a Adam LaRoche, soft talker, lets hope his bat isnt that soft.  I think Moran will be good, not great. 

LaRoche got a bad rep here in Pittsburgh.  Overall, he had some nice seasons and had an OPS over .800 as a Pirate.  LaRoche cared a lot, he just wasn't a rah rah guy. 

Moran kind of looks like LaRoche.  It's probably the beard. 

Agree with you on Laroche he was good here. OPS for his full season was .803 and .841. If Moran puts up Laroche type numbers I will be thrilled.
Quail

Post by Quail »

I'll be delighted if Moran hits like Adam Laroche. If he hits like Andy I'll be very happy that Freese is still a Pirate.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Maybe if he downs a half dozen Five Hour Energy drinks then people will think he has "fire" and like him.