2. Bryan Reynolds (S) CF

3. Melky Cabrera (S) RF

4. Jose Osuna (R) 1B

5. Pablo Reyes (R) LF

6. Jacob Stallings (R) C

7. Cole Tucker (S) SS

8. Erik Gonzalez (R) 3B

9. Trevor Williams (R) P

Good thing this game is past my bedtime. I can't bear to watch.
Bobster21

Pirates @ Giants - 9/9 - Game Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

Hurdle's using a Sunday lineup on Monday.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

If I were Williams I would probably be pissed. But luckily Williams is Williams....maybe this will motivate him to a great performance.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

Is there something going on with Marte ? Pinch hit for in 9th of a 2-0 game yesterday and out today.....
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

7473627162333E070 wrote: Is there something going on with Marte ? Pinch hit for in 9th of a 2-0 game yesterday and out today.....
Sprained his wrist in the 9th yesterday.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Nice comeback win with a 4-run 9th inning rally. Bucs had to overcome the 3B coaching of Cora. With Kramer at 2B and Bell at 1B with no outs in the 9th, Diaz hits a ball over the LFer's head. Kramer goes half way until he sees the ball clear the glove and bounce off the wall. Kramer turns on the speed approaching 3B expecting to score. Bell has rounded 2B and Diaz is about 5 feet from 2B with an apparent RBI double. But Cora thinks the ball was caught. He puts up ths stop sign for Kamer and points back to 2B, wanting Kramer to go back. Kramer knows the ball was off the wall so he at least stays at 3B instead of going back to 2B. Bell sees Kramer stop at 3B and scrambles back to 2B. Diaz is almost at 2B as the throw comes in and sprints back to 1B. The 1Bman was halfway to 2B to back up a throw and ends up receiving the throw to try to get Diaz who makes it back to 1B narrowly avoiding the tag. So no runs score.

Fortunately, Cora is bailed out when Newman follows with a single to score 2 runs to tied the game 4-4. Reynolds singles for a 5-4 lead and an error loads the bases again with 1 out. Osuna hits a fly ball to shallow RF that is caught with the RFer already shallow and running toward the infield. With 1 out Cora sends Newman who is tagged by Posey about 6 feet in front of the plate. Newman had to slide away from Posey and didn't even get close to the plate. But Posey dropped the ball and Newman lunged for the plate to score the 6th run on what should have been an inning ending 9-2 DP. Cora has been awful as 3B coach this year.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Somemore "9th inning lightening" tonight. Gotta love these kids and their play.

Quite disappointed in Cora's performance not just last night but all season long. Kinda makes me yearn for good old Frank Oceak or at least his ghost to take over as 3B coach.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

24050D240F07600 wrote: Somemore "9th inning lightening" tonight.  Gotta love these kids and their play. 

Quite disappointed in Cora's performance not just last night but all season long.  Kinda makes me yearn for good old Frank Oceak or at least his ghost to take over as 3B coach.

Promote Cora to manager and bring Ryan is as third base coach (or anybody with a pulse).
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

When you have team that lacks talent because of the owner's financial constraints, it becomes all the more important to get all they can out of what they do have. They need the absolute most efficient use of their players. They cannot afford a GM who makes bad deals, a manager who makes bad decisions during the game or coaches who become a liability with poor decisions on the bases. I know they won't spend money going forward but I hope they care enough to at least improve the things that can be improved. But I don't think that will happen either.