Shelby Miller Demoted to AAA

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

The D-Backs have sent Miller to AAA. I do not wish Miller any misfortune, or even Dave Stewart any misfortune.

That said, it is with great glee that Tony LaRussa's stint as an off-the-field baseball executive is landing with a thud.

Despite having one of the best hitters in baseball (Goldschmidt) quite a few of their moves are blowing up big time.

The acquisition of Miller was a massive overpay and Greinke is earning more than almost the entire Pirate pitching staff.

I hear that Phoenix is a nice City. If things don't improve, I doubt Tony will be having any statutes of him being erected there; unless it is one made of paper mache which the fans can burn in effigy.

johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

I swear at one point we had a pitcher in the minors with a very similar name. It bugs me that I cannot remember. He was not very good, so he may never had made the majors.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Shelby Ford?
NCBuccofan

Post by NCBuccofan »

4D7F73736755767F7277787F1E0 wrote: Shelby Ford?

Quinton Miller?
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

73414D4D596B48414C494641200 wrote: Shelby Ford?

That's him! Thanks. :)
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

2F030B0C0720170111620 wrote: The D-Backs have sent Miller to AAA.  I do not wish Miller any misfortune, or even Dave Stewart any misfortune.

That said, it is with great glee that Tony LaRussa's stint as an off-the-field baseball executive is landing with a thud. 

Despite having one of the best hitters in baseball (Goldschmidt) quite a few of their moves are blowing up big time. 

The acquisition of Miller was a massive overpay and Greinke is earning more than almost the entire Pirate pitching staff.

I hear that Phoenix is a nice City.  If things don't improve, I doubt Tony will be having any statutes of him being erected there; unless it is one made of paper mache which the fans can burn in effigy.          

Not many of the Tier B Free Agents are doing that well that were overpaid. I know we all wanted another starter, but not at those prices. Miller's name was brought up here many times.
NCBuccofan

Post by NCBuccofan »

4D464E4247465D181E695048414646074A46290 wrote: The D-Backs have sent Miller to AAA.  I do not wish Miller any misfortune, or even Dave Stewart any misfortune.

I hear that Phoenix is a nice City.  If things don't improve, I doubt Tony will be having any statutes of him being erected there; unless it is one made of paper mache which the fans can burn in effigy.          

Not many of the Tier B Free Agents are doing that well that were overpaid.  I know we all wanted another starter, but not at those prices.  Miller's name was brought up here many times. 

Which player is overpaid? Happ? Fister? Kennedy? Estrada? Lackey? The only FA that has been bad is Kazmir, and I guess Chris Young.

You do not really know how those guys would have done on the Pirates. And it really would not be hard to find someone better than Niese that would not cost much more.

The Pirates were clearly wrong not to add starting pitching, and the ones they did add were clearly bad moves. I have no idea how you can sit there and rationalize it.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

212423252D273E232A393F324B0 wrote: Shelby Ford?

That's him!  Thanks.  :)

except he was an infielder who I (and many others) had hopes for. He had back problems though.