When Vogelsong Returns Which Bullpen Pitcher Leaves

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Currently all of bullpen guys are doing well except for Hughes. I think Vogelsong returns around July 25th, if the bullpen pitchers are still pitching well at that time, does Hughes go to the DL or DFA'D
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Good question. Right now you have Melancon, Watson, Feliz, Nicasio, Caminero, and Schugel. All of those guys most likely aren't going anywhere. Plus, if they plan on keeping Glasnow up here to pitch in the rotation somebody is going to need to go via a trade or DFA such as Niese or whoever. I would like to see them keep Kuhl up as well once everybody is healthy but I don't know if there is going to be enough room for him.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Vogelsong will need a lengthy rehab. If Hughes is pitching well by the time Vogelsong is ready to return to the Pirates, Vogelsong could get released.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I'm guessing someone in that list will get hurt somewhere along the line.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

I agree with Bobster that Hughes could be the one to do if he is not pitching the way he has in pervious seasons. If he has come around then I think Vogelsong might go unless they want to limit the inning of one or more of the kids.

And with Vogelsong he has been more or less stretched out before his injury to be the long man. Can he comeback and be a 6th or 7th inning guy on a regular basis.

In the long run I think Vogelsong is done, toast, may find a way to keep him on the 40 man or something just incase the make it to the playoffs and even the WS and win he could get another ring.

Just sayin'
NCBuccofan

Post by NCBuccofan »

436E63727564733330010 wrote: Vogelsong will need a lengthy rehab. If Hughes is pitching well by the time Vogelsong is ready to return to the Pirates, Vogelsong could get released.

Vogelsong has already started his rehab, he should be ready for the majors around the time he can come off the DL.