Let the rumor mill begin

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by SCBucco »

6864653E373E363B3C23390E0 wrote: Report out of a Texas is the Bucs have shown an interest in Keone Kela. He would be a set up  man for Vasquez .

I seriously doubt they send assets out for a young controllable good pitcher. I expect some rental coming. I would be all for it though along with a starter.
Wrathchild

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by Wrathchild »

0A2B230A21294E0 wrote: About Glasnow.  Most of us are disappointed with how he has turned out so far.  I believe he has been passed up by guys like Kingham and soon to be by Keller.  He has shown as stated above the ability to be a middle reliever and who knows with his stuff he could become top notch late inning reliever much like the Indians Miller. 

Actually, I’m suggesting that he can still be way more than that, but it’s probably going to require the left side of the infield to be revamped. He has the highest BABIP on the team and the highest ground ball rate. As for the team’s perception, I don’t think he’s behind Kingham or Keller; I think they felt he had no way to progress at AAA, but that he wasn’t currently equipped to succeed in MLB. So, he’s learning to pitch at this level in low leverage situations. The good news is that his overall profile says he’s succeeding. I’d be willing to bet he starts again.
Roberto218

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by Roberto218 »

Andrew Miller 2_would be fine with me Middle relief is becoming more important.
pghpaulatl

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by pghpaulatl »

Just a thought but with the Mets here this weekend maybe NH has some DeGrom discussions. Also I think a proven reliever would be a good get as well as NOT trading anyone from team unless it was a starter to add a starter like DeGrom.
Quail

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by Quail »

363A3B6069606865627D67500 wrote: Report out of a Texas is the Bucs have shown an interest in Keone Kela. He would be a set up  man for Vasquez .

Interesting guy with pretty good numbers as the Rangers closer. Being only 24 and cost controlled would likely mean he wouldn't be a cheap add. Has had arm troubles in the past, but apparently no problems this year. I guess the Rangers figure they don't need a good closer for their rebuild. Depending on the ask from Texas he'd be a nice addition to the bullpen.
rucker59@gmail.com

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

4561757D78140 wrote: Report out of a Texas is the Bucs have shown an interest in Keone Kela. He would be a set up  man for Vasquez .

Interesting guy with pretty good numbers as the Rangers closer. Being only 24 and cost controlled would likely mean he wouldn't be a cheap add. Has had arm troubles in the past, but apparently no problems this year. I guess the Rangers figure they don't need a good closer for their rebuild. Depending on the ask from Texas he'd be a nice addition to the bullpen.   

It seems to me our bullpen has finally settled down and is quite good. Kela won’t be cheap. I’d rather use our assets for a serious starter like DeGrom.
rucker59@gmail.com

Let the rumor mill begin

3B2C233B2A3E272A3F274B0 wrote: Just a thought but with the Mets here this weekend maybe NH has some DeGrom discussions. Also I think a proven reliever would be a good get as well as NOT trading anyone from team unless it was a starter to add a starter like DeGrom.

I haven’t seen the scheduled starters for the Mets. But Id rather he be traded before the weekend. Maybe he could get his first start for the Pirates against his old team...
ScottinMass

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by ScottinMass »

2B2C3A323C2B6C60193E34383035773A3634590 wrote: Report out of a Texas is the Bucs have shown an interest in Keone Kela. He would be a set up  man for Vasquez .

It seems to me our bullpen has finally settled down and is quite good. Kela won’t be cheap.  I’d rather use our assets for a serious starter like DeGrom. 

Will cost a lot more assets to get deGrom than Kela.

I can't see this FO giving up what it take to land deGrom or any other starter of his calibur.
rucker59@gmail.com

Let the rumor mill begin

We all know DeGrom is a pipe dream, but what an incredible opportunity for Bob Nutting and Neal to flush the old narritive down the toilet and start over with the Pirate fans.  I’d bet the fans would fill PNC the rest of the season.

While it’s probably less than a 0% chance, this is the closest we’re ever going to get to a truly elite pitcher for a three year run at the WS.  Neal, if you’re reading this, go talk to Bob and help him see the opportunity before us.  Get Er done!
rucker59@gmail.com

Let the rumor mill begin

0939352E2E3334173B29295A0 wrote: Report out of a Texas is the Bucs have shown an interest in Keone Kela. He would be a set up  man for Vasquez .

It seems to me our bullpen has finally settled down and is quite good. Kela won’t be cheap.  I’d rather use our assets for a serious starter like DeGrom. 

Will cost a lot more assets to get deGrom than Kela.

I can't see this FO giving up what it take to land deGrom or any other starter of his calibur.

Yeah, I agree 100%. But this is a one time opportunity to completely change the Pirate Story. Meadows, Keller, a SS plus a throw in? Maybe getting close?

I could see the Rangers wanting Meadows or Keller for Kela.