Official Game Thread - 7/18 - Bucs vs Mutts

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

So Mets did a visit wiht no visits remaining.....and nothing happens.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Stallings strikes out
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

All on Perez.....back to back catcher walk offs?
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

well.....it's Pirates baseball
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

First time in NL history a team won being down 6 runs, then lose the next game after being up 6 runs.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Well at least we are part of history, some BS stat about 6 runs down comebacks.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

5C4B5D4D080E090F09073E0 wrote: Well at least we are part of history, some BS stat about 6 runs down comebacks.
It just sucks when you know that even with those 6 runs, the way Brubaker was pitching, that by the time he left most of that lead would be gone.

He's another guy I can't figure out. He doesn't seem to have the nerve to pitch at the major league level. Unlike Crowe and Keller, he has pitches that can get guys out, but I think he's a head case.

the toughest part of this rebuild is finding some pitchers with balls.

And Rich Rod has been shaky for a long time now. It's time to try Bednar there, but I know the Bucs want to deal RR.

I really don't think there's much of a market for a guy who really isn't alll that special
gileszee

Post by gileszee »

Well I almost called it. Nogowski and his walkoff homerun, it was close. I will take 2 outta 3 any series. This is what you get from a team that is 20 below .500 some good, mostly bad. On to Arizona!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

>:( ;D050B0E0711180707620 wrote: Well I almost called it.  Nogowski and his walkoff homerun, it was close.  I will take 2 outta 3 any series.  This is what you get from a team that is 20 below .500 some good, mostly bad.  On to Arizona!
Just really bites because losing this game like this is a bring us back to earth moment. Reminds us we still jave a pretty talent deficient team.

Oh well if we take 2 of 3 rest of the way I'm good with it no matter how the one game is lost.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

The highs and lows of being a baseball fan. Was tied up traveling and running errands all weekend long. Had the opportunity to listen to most of Friday evening's game...and, today's game. More on that.

Missed yesterday's game altogether and was so busy that it's probably the first game all year that I didn't at least read about it. I didn't know anything about it until Accused Welcher, WWD, called to tell me all about it....and, today's Met's calliope-esque play in the first. Figures. The one game I miss and, of course, it has to be the most exciting.

Then, today. All game long, I had the uneasy feeling that the bad guys would somehow chip away at our lead, and.... :(

For most games, I like to listen to opposing announcers because I can't stand Greg (Every Game's Game 7, Even When The Season's Over) Brown and I like to hear what the "other " guys have to say about our team. But, for these two games, I listened to Block and Walk.

I'll be perfectly candid, and I was left asking why other guys here don't like Block. I had no problems with anything I heard. If I was to stretch, I'd say that maybe he isn't the most exciting guy in the world, but I found him to be pleasant. Announcers are the least of my concentrations when it comes to baseball games, so they're not a very big deal to me. They have to be way on the extremes of annoying (a la Brown) for me to be bothered by them.

This must be one of those areas where reasonable people differ in opionions.