4-12

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

4-12

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The bullpen as a unit with me right now is still a big question mark. Hopefully it inproves and gets better as the Pirates get guys like Musgrove and Schugel back. I still wanna see Glasnow emerge at some point this season and be a fixture in this pitching rotation. If he does and the bullpen continues to improve this team has a chance to be very very good this season.
Bobster21

4-12

Post by Bobster21 »

49424A464342591C1A6D544C454242034E422D0 wrote: Feliz and Vazquez are a pretty solid 1-2 punch. I’d look to moving Feliz to the 8th inning and try to plug somebody else in that 7th inning role. I think Feliz and Vazquez coming into close the games out in the 8th and 9th inning is going to put this team in a great spot moving forward.

You don't like Kontos? 

He is decent but I still wanna see more out of him before I feel comfortable making him the everyday 7th or 8th inning guy.

He is in his 8th year in the majors.  He had his best SO/9 season of his career in 2017.  He was really good last year for the Pirates.  I don't know what more he has to prove or what he can improve to win anyone over.

Kontos seems adequate. Feliz has been dominant after that bad 1st game. We don't yet know if this is the real Feliz or if the real one is the guy who had the 5.63 ERA last year. I'd give them both more time in their current roles. If after awhile Feliz is outperforming Kontos, then switch them. In the meantime, if it ain't broke....
dogknot17@yahoo.co

4-12

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

4F68797D78655A6E797878651C0 wrote: The bullpen as a unit with me right now is still a big question mark. Hopefully it inproves and gets better as the Pirates get guys like Musgrove and Schugel back. If it does this team has a chance to be very very good this season.

I agree with that, the Bullpen as a whole is pretty bad.  I just don't know why you have more faith in Feliz than Kontos.  Feliz has pitched very well since his first appearance, but he still has to be a bigger question than Kontos.  Those two and Vasquez have to be the back end guys (as of now).
IABucFan

4-12

Post by IABucFan »

I really don't see what difference it makes who pitches the 7th vs. 8th inning between Kontos and Feliz. Three outs are three outs. Come in, do your job.
Buccos1313

4-12

Post by Buccos1313 »

121A192E381D3A355B0 wrote: I really don't see what difference it makes who pitches the 7th vs. 8th inning between Kontos and Feliz. Three outs are three outs. Come in, do your job.
I see your point, but I guess it would make a difference if the starter goes 7 innings.