Official Game Thread - 8/7 - Bucs @ Reds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

5E787F6A636F786E660D0 wrote: It's apparent some only view this team through the lens of the 47 game sample and see nothing but gloom and doom and are generally miserable, have nothing good to say about the team and probably in need of a bath and a shave; The others (the group I belong to), who I would classify as generally more intelligent and certainly better looking, view the team more towards the 63 game sample, and see progress and a bright future, but also acknowledging all the warts, mistakes, and the lack of pitching.

I wouldn't call [highlight]picking all the best results and putting them in one pile a "sample."[/highlight] The Pirates have moved back within six runs of the D-backs, but have a game in hand so they're essentially even at the bottom of that measure.

Is that not called "cherry picking" anymore?
Actually, you both mischaracterized that anyhow. Had nothing about picking the best results. Just simply the highest run differentials. Wins and losses had nothing to do with it.

Again, it was about certain posters, but no surprise it went over your head.

So, you don't think that RD is considered a "result?"  I would say that it IS a result of some kind.

Regardless, if just shows that if your bad pizza has 110 (now, 111) slices, you're bound to find 47 of them that won't send you to the hospital. 
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Now the hand grenade is going off in his hand
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

192C3B3B30093B3B30373B5E0 wrote:

Regardless, if just shows that if your bad pizza has 110 (now, 111) slices, you're bound to find 47 of them that won't send you to the hospital. 

don't be angry, just admit you don't get it. Remember, I'm part of the more intelligent, better looking bunch. You, sorry, don't make the cut ;D ;D ;D
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

577176636A6671676F040 wrote:

don't be angry, just admit you don't get it.  Remember, I'm part of the more intelligent, better looking bunch. You, sorry, don't make the cut ;D ;D ;D

So, we're worse against certain teams. Big deal.

Context, my man. Three are in the division. When you don't match up well against the teams you play the most often, that makes the job of leapfrogging even more difficult and important.

Keep slicing and selling. Some will buy it.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Okay, only a 3 spot. Nothing the Bucs can't overcome
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

487D6A6A61586A6A61666A0F0 wrote:

Keep slicing and selling.  Some will buy it.

lol, this is too much, STOP!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

"Scott, you just don't get it."
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

This is why you don't play the infield up so early in the game. A routine ground ball gets thru instead of being the 2nd out although the run would have scored from 3B anyway. Then a SF scores a run on what would have been the 3rd out. So 2 runs score instead of 1. Playing the infield up greatly reduces the chance of getting the batter out. It's a gamble worth taking in the later innings when the game is close and you don't have many innings left to get runs back. But in the 3rd inning it's a very poor strategy. But then again, we're stuck with Shelton so.......
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Good 2nd AB for Alford. I hope he doesn't ruin it this time.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Keller brought a 7.05 ERA into the game. It's worse now. :(
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

765B56474051460605340 wrote: Good 2nd AB for Alford. I hope he doesn't ruin it this time.
He seems more relaxed at the plate than he did in April. Previously he seemed lost