Glasnow Outing Today

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Glasnow Outing Today

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

5B525A4B453F0 wrote:

Everyone should just shut up and take what they get.

That would certainly kill this site!
SammyKhalifa

Glasnow Outing Today

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Glasnow today 3IP 4H 2ER 1HR 0BB 6K

Weird.  Both Glasnow-like and unGlasnow-like at the same time.

You can find thing to love OR hate in that line.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Glasnow Outing Today

74464A4A5E6C4F464B4E4146270 wrote: Glasnow today 3IP 4H 2ER 1HR 0BB 6K

Weird.  Both Glasnow-like and unGlasnow-like at the same time.

You can find thing to love OR hate in that line.

That is a big issue with him. You know he has talent. When he is on, he is nasty. But then again, it is very rare for him to be on at the major league level.
SammyKhalifa

Glasnow Outing Today

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I'm guessing it was still a pretty high pitch count too.  I mean, you would live with that if a guy struck out 50% of the batters he faces, but still. The stat that makes me happiest of course is the zero walks.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Glasnow Outing Today

0A3834342012313835303F38590 wrote: I'm guessing it was still a pretty high pitch count too.  I mean, you would live with that if a guy struck out 50% of the batters he faces, but still.  The stat that makes me happiest of course is the zero walks.

Who knows how accurate, but the ESPN Box Score (app):

27 pitches, 26 strikes.
steve49

Glasnow Outing Today

Post by steve49 »

050E060A0F0E155056211800090E0E4F020E610 wrote: I'm guessing it was still a pretty high pitch count too.  I mean, you would live with that if a guy struck out 50% of the batters he faces, but still.  The stat that makes me happiest of course is the zero walks.

Who knows how accurate, but the ESPN Box Score (app):

27 pitches, 26 strikes.

No way he threw 9 pitches and inning , giving up 4 hits and striking out 6. That has to be wrong as it's pretty much impossible. He was probably around 50 pitches .
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Glasnow Outing Today

Spring Training stats crack me up. I don't understand why they are so hard to calculate compare to regular season games. You are probably right.
Bobster21

Glasnow Outing Today

Post by Bobster21 »

The Trib reported Glasnow the 52 pitches, 36 for strikes. The bar seems to be set pretty low for him as he's being praised for a "solid outing" after giving up 4 hits and 2 runs in 3 innings. In his previous "encouraging outing' he pitched 2 innings and in the 2nd gave up a HR, 2B, WP and HBP.

ST stats mean little but other than the lack of walks, he hasn't been effective: 5 IP, 6 hits, 4 ER, 2 HRs, 7.20 ERA. The good news is 0 BBS, 8 Ks. But his notable control problems have not only been about walks. He has also had difficulty hitting his spots and even his strikes are often not where he wants them. That's why he has struggled by walking batters and then getting hit hard by those who don't walk. If we're to be encouraged so far this ST, it looks like he's in the strike zone more, which s great, but still not getting hitters out, which is still a significant problem. 
SammyKhalifa

Glasnow Outing Today

Post by SammyKhalifa »

785558494E5F48080B3A0 wrote: The Trib reported Glasnow the 52 pitches, 36 for strikes. The bar seems to be set pretty low for him as he's being praised for a "solid outing" after giving up 4 hits and 2 runs in 3 innings. In his previous "encouraging outing' he pitched 2 innings and in the 2nd gave up a HR, 2B, WP and HBP.

ST stats mean little but other than the lack of walks, he hasn't been effective: 5 IP, 6 hits, 4 ER, 2 HRs, 7.20 ERA. The good news is 0 BBS, 8 Ks. But his notable control problems have not only been about walks. He has also had difficulty hitting his spots and even his strikes are often not where he wants them. That's why he has struggled by walking batters and then getting hit hard by those who don't walk. If we're to be encouraged so far this ST, it looks like he's in the strike zone more, which s great, but still not getting hitters out, which is still a significant problem. 

The homers are obviously an issue but six hits in five innings is actually pretty good. That's a 1.2 WHIP. If any of the numbers meant anything at this point.
Bobster21

Glasnow Outing Today

Post by Bobster21 »

10222E2E3A082B222F2A2522430 wrote: The Trib reported Glasnow the 52 pitches, 36 for strikes. The bar seems to be set pretty low for him as he's being praised for a "solid outing" after giving up 4 hits and 2 runs in 3 innings. In his previous "encouraging outing' he pitched 2 innings and in the 2nd gave up a HR, 2B, WP and HBP.

The homers are obviously an issue but six hits in five innings is actually pretty good.  That's a 1.2 WHIP.  If any of the numbers meant anything at this point.

I've never considered more hits than innings to be a good thing. Obviously, stats from 2 ST outings don't mean much and I don't mean to be critical of Glasnow for such a SSS. But I find it curious that these outings are being labeled "solid."