8/9 Game Thread - Kuhl Runnings

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Has there been any explanation for how Jaso is out at the plate running from 2B on a double high off the wall? It's not as if the ball looked like it might be caught. The only question was whether it would clear the wall for a HR or not. In fact, Cervelli was credited with a double that failed to advance Jaso 2 bases. I didn't think that was possible from an official scoring standpoint. Having failed to leave the batters box on a DP grounder last week and now failing to score from 2B on a double, Jaso looks like he doesn't want to play.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

4F626F7E79687F3F3C0D0 wrote: Has there been any explanation for how Jaso is out at the plate running from 2B on a double high off the wall? It's not as if the ball looked like it might be caught. The only question was whether it would clear the wall for a HR or not. In fact, Cervelli was credited with a double that failed to advance Jaso 2 bases. I didn't think that was possible from an official scoring standpoint. Having failed to leave the batters box on a DP grounder last week and now failing to score from 2B on a double, Jaso looks like he doesn't want to play.
Agree the announcers didn't say anything but it is absolutely unbelievable that he didn't score on a ball that was inches from being a home run. Jaso could and should be replaced by Freese as our every day firstbaseman.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

756D6F68687F6E69747563060 wrote: Has there been any explanation for how Jaso is out at the plate running from 2B on a double high off the wall? It's not as if the ball looked like it might be caught. The only question was whether it would clear the wall for a HR or not. In fact, Cervelli was credited with a double that failed to advance Jaso 2 bases. I didn't think that was possible from an official scoring standpoint. Having failed to leave the batters box on a DP grounder last week and now failing to score from 2B on a double, Jaso looks like he doesn't want to play.
Agree the announcers didn't say anything but it is absolutely unbelievable that he didn't score on a ball that was inches from being a home run.  Jaso could and should be replaced by Freese as our every day firstbaseman.

Then who plays third when Kang has to sit?

The treatment of Kang is bothering me too. If he has never had soreness or swelling after a game, he is fine. I understood the plan at the beginning of the season. Plans can change based on health.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Kuhl could have gone 7 if McCutcheon didn't blow the play in the 1st and cost him a lot of pitches and runs.

The Bucs won last night, but with the exception of Kuhl's start, a nice HR by Polanco and a bunch of DP's, they didn't really crush the Pads like they should have. Pads are a bad team. Poor starter, bad defense and mediocre hitting.

The team may still be in the running for the wild card game, but they sure don't look like a play-off contender.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Yea that was simply inexcusable for him not to score on that play. He actually went back to second base on the play when he saw that both outfielders had their backs turned to the clemente wall. How Jaso was not standing on 3rd base immediately was beyond me. Then, when asked about it after the game he acted like it was no big deal. He also came out the other day and talked about the whole Tekulve incident and said it was personal with Tekulve and him which was just a ridiculous thing to say. I don't know what the deal with Jaso is but the guy just seems like he doesn't get it. When you are struggling and playing as bad as he is and already have everybody against you, you cannot afford to make comments like he did in regards to Tekulve, and continue to have these mental breakdowns that could potentially costs you games. For Hurdle to continue to play this guy now 4 straight games is simply mind-boggling.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

2B333136362130372A2B3D580 wrote: Has there been any explanation for how Jaso is out at the plate running from 2B on a double high off the wall? It's not as if the ball looked like it might be caught. The only question was whether it would clear the wall for a HR or not. In fact, Cervelli was credited with a double that failed to advance Jaso 2 bases. I didn't think that was possible from an official scoring standpoint. Having failed to leave the batters box on a DP grounder last week and now failing to score from 2B on a double, Jaso looks like he doesn't want to play.
Agree the announcers didn't say anything but it is absolutely unbelievable that he didn't score on a ball that was inches from being a home run.  Jaso could and should be replaced by Freese as our every day firstbaseman. Greg Brown I believe said he stumbled around 3rd base which had an impact on him scoring. Even if he did I don't care. He should have been standing on 3rd base right when the ball hit off the wall and bounced back down. He knew there was no way that ball was going to caught.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

I didn't see the game, but what were the coaches doing?  Were they waving him?  I would have been going nuts if I saw this live.  I hate mental errors more than anything.

He might not get a long with Tekulve, does anyone know? I don't think Tekulve was wrong, but if they don't get along Jaso could have taken it personally.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

3338303C3938236660172E363F3838793438570 wrote: I didn't see the game, but what were the coaches doing?  Were they waving him?  I would have been going nuts if I saw this live.  I hate mental errors more than anything.

He might not get a long with Tekulve, does anyone know?  I don't think Tekulve was wrong, but if they don't get along Jaso could have taken it personally. Well even if he doesn't get along with him which may or may not be true I don't know for sure, to air your dirty laundry out there in the media afterwords with Tekulve is not going to fix anything and is not very smart.

Jaso should have just been a stand up guy and said yes Teke was right I screwed up and I should have ran no excuses end of story. Instead he decided to counterpunch Tekulve right back and make things look worse for himself.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

153931363D1A2D3B2B580 wrote:

The team may still be in the running for the wild card game, but they sure don't look like a play-off contender.    But the fact still remains they are 2.5 games out of a playoff spot and 1 game back in the loss column of the Marlins and now have the same number of losses as the Cardinals do with 3 games in hand on the Cardinals. And also the Mets have one more loss then the Pirates do and the Pirates have 2 games in hand on them as well. If the Marlins lose today to the Giants and the Pirates beat the Padres both tonight and tomorrow afternoon they will enter this weekend only 1 full game back of the 2nd wildcard. The Pirates almost have to win these next 2 games with the Padres. Winning one and taking 2 of 3 wont be the end of the world but a sweep would put them in much better shape going into this next stretch of 12 tough games in a row.

The Cardinals have really failed to take advantage of a bad schedule over the course of the last week or so as they are now a combined 3-5 against both the Reds and Braves. I did not think this would happen at all but it has and they have left the door wide open still for the Pirates as well, and they have to play a red hot Cubs team at Wrigley 4 games this weekend. It should have been 2-6 but the Reds blew a 4-0 9th inning lead on Monday. So all it's really going to take is for one team to get red hot here at some point and boom you can take over a decent lead in this wildcard race.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Right.

No one is pulling away with the Wild Card.  For how bad they are playing, the other teams are doing just as bad.

And is it Tekulve's place to rip him like that? I am not saying Tekulve was wrong with his remarks, but he did call him out in the media too. Jaso should have taken your approach in my opinion. Very hard to defend his actions on the field, which I am not. I also feel that people don't like Jaso's play so they are ok with Tekulve's remarks.