Game Thread - 5/17 - Bucs @ Cubbies

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

I just don't see any upside to this team. We have a newer GM and I don't see any progress on any front. No real prospects, no real hope. A horrible manager maybe even worse than Lloyd, I just can't watch this garbage.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

This is all because they've chosen to follow some plan that is good on paper, but that's the only place it's good.

Dump and pimp some future.

Rather than keeping the few good players the team had, they chose to dump them for suspects that may or may never contribute to any success. 

What they should have done is keep the talented guys and add to them.  Send the lesser players elsewhere.  We hung onto guys like Polanco forever.  We hung onto Cole Tucker forever.

Surely, everyone on this board can remember back to how this team improved in the past.  We found gems in guys like Burnett, Happ, and Martin.  This, while already having Marte, McCutchen, Walker, and Cole.

We haven't done enough of it.

We get rid of our good guys and keep the bad ones.  We should be doing the polar opposite.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

In the last 6 games against teams with an actual worse record than the Pirates; the Bucs have scored a TOTAL of 6 runs, been shut out 3 times and of course no hit!

That has to be a new level of suckatude.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

On the flip side, this same club took a series from the Dodgers.

This just proves that a club's record against 28 clubs doesn't matter. It's what you do against the one you're playing today.

It's a long season. 162. You're going to have spells when you're atrocious. You'll have others where you set the world on fire.

Better to look at 10-game stretches; 16 of them a year.

We saw our signs. I was yelled at <verbally> and told that 21-0 was no big deal. 7-0 is nothing compared against that.

We're not a good club at the moment. But, it's better than about half of us expected them to be.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

7F5A59594C675A525047350 wrote: In the last 6 games against teams with an actual worse record than the Pirates; the Bucs have scored a TOTAL of 6 runs, been shut out 3 times and of course no hit!

That has to be a new level of suckatude.

Don't give up yet, I'm sure we can reach higher levels of suckatude. I don't live in Pittsburgh but I'm guessing the sports pages can't wait for Steeler camp to open up.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

The Pirates are giving me an idea for a movie.

"The Bad News Bucs."

"Hilarity ensues when Derek Shelton leaves his job as a mattress salesman and tries managing a misfit baseball team. His players never master the game but learn the value of getting plenty of rest."
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Produced by BOB.

Directed by Ben.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Pirates must have lost a game or two in a row. Green Weenie shows up for the troll act.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

We mist have lost two in a row.

Surge pulls out a personal attack. That adds a lot.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

7B4E5959526B59595255593C0 wrote: We mist have lost two in a row.

Surge pulls out a personal attack.  That adds a lot.

I say it was Surgnbuck, in the GDT, with a mindf*ck