Anybody interested....

offtopic

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Quail

Anybody interested....

Post by Quail »

5D5A4C444A5D1A166F48424E4643014C40422F0 wrote: OK, I hear the argument that Clinton has experience.  But I consider that more of a negative reflection on Trump than a positive on Hillary. 

I'm looking for someone that can heal this country, deal with terrorism, lead the free world because a leader is definitely needed.  We need someone who can reign in the deficit without smashing the economy. And that's the agenda just for the first Monday. 

Honestly - I think either of these candidates will go into office with such a negative opinion that they will further divide this country.  In most places, as far as I can see, the negative feelings for both of them is off the charts high. 

I think Possum is right. There is no such person. In the past our greatest leaders worked within a governmental system that valued compromise and a bi-partisan approach to legislation designed expressly for the benefit of the nation. A president could lead by using the executive bully pulpit to discuss issues and solutions, to build consensus and then direct legislators to hammer out details and creatively amend with their own input.

Today in an atmosphere dominated by political vitriol we have one party stone-walling any attempt at legislation by the other by any means possible. There is no attempt to build anything but to simply tear down the opposition. The idea that our elected officials should serve the public has been abandoned and been replaced by a single minded zealousness that pledges its allegiance to the intractable ideology of one's political party.
DemDog

Anybody interested....

Post by DemDog »

A very quick aside here. I must say that I am really surprised at the bunch of "thinkers" we have in this thread. Keep it up the discussion has been very interesting and entertaining.
Quail

Anybody interested....

Post by Quail »

Although plagiarism is nothing new in politics (check out Joe Biden's political history for one) Mrs. Trump has possibly set a new standard for embarrassingly bad timing.
Ecbucs

Anybody interested....

Post by Ecbucs »

5D796D65600C0 wrote: Although plagiarism is nothing new in politics (check out Joe Biden's political history for one) Mrs. Trump has possibly set a new standard for embarrassingly bad timing.

yeah, I wonder who wrote the speech for her?
johnfluharty

Anybody interested....

Post by johnfluharty »

Maybe it was the same guy that wrote it last time, in which case it might be reuse instead of plagiarism. ;D
rucker59@gmail.com

Anybody interested....

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Re her speech - this whole thing has become almost a parody. SCTV!? (For those that remember the best TV ever).
rucker59@gmail.com

Anybody interested....

I don't want this to offend anyone and it is in no way meant to speak about effectiveness as president, but just to highlight the difference in this election:

I can honestly say that in each past election I was always excited regardless of who was elected or how I voted. Every single president, on election night, became "my" president. The night Obama was elected was one of the proudest moments I've had as an American, that a black man with a strange name could get elected - maybe we as a nation could still lead the world.

Listening to Trump this week, dreading Clinton's coronation next week - I'm not proud of either of these people. I was proud enough that we could elect an African American that I literally shed tears. But now I just mourn for our country.

this week did not help in any way (NRC). I don't expect to feel better next week.
DemDog

Anybody interested....

Post by DemDog »

292E38303E296E621B3C363A3237753834365B0 wrote: I don't want this to offend anyone and it is in no way meant to speak about effectiveness as president, but just to highlight the difference in this election:

I can honestly say that in each past election I was always excited regardless of who was elected or how I voted.  Every single president, on election night, became "my" president.  The night Obama was elected was one of the proudest moments I've had as an American, that a black man with a strange name could get elected - maybe we as a nation could still lead the world.

Listening to Trump this week, dreading Clinton's coronation next week - I'm not proud of either of these people.  I was proud enough that we could elect an African American that I literally shed tears.  But now I just mourn for our country.

this week did not help in any way (NRC).  I don't expect to feel better next week.

This off season is really gonna be bad for you Va.  Unless the Pirates pull off a Penguins trick and win the WS.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

I hear ya, like we discussed last nite at the game.  But I feel more important is to also consider the down ballot elections that include Senators and House Members whose election or non-election could trigger even worse things than either of the HRC or Trump in the White House.  If you don't like the Presidential candidate, don't vote for them.  But do vote for your the Senate and Congressional candidates that meet or nearly meet your own feelings.  If not for your sake, how about the fine son J that you are doing a great job of bonding with.
rucker59@gmail.com

Anybody interested....

1A3B331A31395E0 wrote: I don't want this to offend anyone and it is in no way meant to speak about effectiveness as president, but just to highlight the difference in this election:

I can honestly say that in each past election I was always excited regardless of who was elected or how I voted.  Every single president, on election night, became "my" president.  The night Obama was elected was one of the proudest moments I've had as an American, that a black man with a strange name could get elected - maybe we as a nation could still lead the world.

Listening to Trump this week, dreading Clinton's coronation next week - I'm not proud of either of these people.  I was proud enough that we could elect an African American that I literally shed tears.  But now I just mourn for our country.

this week did not help in any way (NRC).  I don't expect to feel better next week.

This off season is really gonna be bad for you Va.  Unless the Pirates pull off a Penguins trick and win the WS.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

I hear ya, like we discussed last nite at the game.  But I feel more important is to also consider the down ballot elections that include Senators and House Members whose election or non-election could trigger even worse things than either of the HRC or Trump in the White House.  If you don't like the Presidential candidate, don't vote for them.  But do vote for your the Senate and Congressional candidates that meet or nearly meet your own feelings.  If not for your sake, how about the fine son J that you are doing a great job of bonding with. 

Great - I hadn't even factored in my now annual rant about the Pirate offseasons!

I must be getting cranky in my advancing years.... >:(

:)
Osushawn

Anybody interested....

Post by Osushawn »

Curious if anyone's position has changed since the release of the Wikileaks emails?