Game Thread - 8/14 - Pirates @ Giants

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Newman strikes out again. He is striking out at a higher pace this year than ever before but still hasn't homered.

Can't see him back next year unless he goes on a tear before the end of the season.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Imbecile Shelton has VanNothing PH for Delay. Delay is 2 for 2 plus a walk. But now there's a RHP for SF so VanNothing has to PH because he hits .220 vs RHPs and .182 as a PHer. Never mind tht Delay hits .258 vs RHPs. VanNothing whiffs on a pitch in the dirt.

Shelton never fails to make the most idiotic, counterproductive decisions. It's like he's trying to break the all time record for worst manager in history. He's worthless.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Another idiotic decision from the POS 3B coach to get a runner easily out at home.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I hope the Pirates don't need that 2nd run that Rabello made sure they didn't score.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

There's a difference between being aggressive and being batsh*t stupid. Rabello always sends runners even when there is no realistic chance for them to be safe. You can be aggressive by ramming your head into a brick wall. But it doesn't mean it's a good idea.

The run Rabello cost the team ended up being the difference in the loss. Rabello and Shelton should not be making the return trip to Pittsburgh except to clean out their lockers. This is such a frustrating team to watch. They give up a gift run on a pop up. VanNothing needlessly PHs and then goes to 2B where he is notoriously weak and then fails to make a DP. The manager can 't manage. The coaches can't coach. Most of the players can't play.
BenM

Post by BenM »

I hate this team.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

Van Meter’s stupid little flip in the dirt cost us one run on that homer. He should never have been in the game.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

If there is a way to lose a game, they will find it.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

6-16 now since the All Star Break. I give Shelton maybe until June next year in the interest of being fair if this team is 10-20 games under .500 at that point next year you make a change period. You can deal and accept the losing this season not gonna be the case next season. You can’t keep losing games at this pace and not have any accountability and not make any changes. Somebody has to pay the price for this horrific play.
UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

7A5D4C484D506F5B4C4D4D50290 wrote: 6-16 now since the All Star Break. I give Shelton maybe until June next year in the interest of being fair if this team is 10-20 games under .500 at that point next year you make a change period. You can deal and accept the losing this season not gonna be the case next season. You can’t keep losing games at this pace and not have any accountability and not make any changes. Somebody has to pay the price for this horrific play.

I hope your timeline is off!

I think the BC mystic has to be wearing off by now. He has had it pretty easy when it comes to the fans and press. It's time to start asking some hard questions about where this organization is right now and where it is headed under his leadership. And that includes why the heck he hired an imbecile for a manager.