Game Thread - 6/22 - Bucs vs Cubs

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ChillinStation

Post by ChillinStation »

Time to Park Chang Hoy and try some Bae seasoning.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

The boys laying an egg tonight.  Some of them solidifying the case that they need to be released, sent down, etc.  The sooner the better for the organization.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

Unfortunately the Bucs dropped a turd in the punch bowl tonight
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

I detest using position players throwing 50 MPH to mop up a game. It’s a mockery!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Per the PG:

Eickhoff allowed 10 earned runs, including a seven-spot in the second inning, becoming the first pitcher in Pirates history to allow 10 earned runs in his team debut.

What’s more, the last time Eickhoff started an MLB game, he also allowed 10 earned runs as a member of the New York Mets. That fact makes him the first pitcher to allow 10 earned runs or more in back-to-back starts since Chubby Dean with the Philadelphia Athletics in 1940.

“It was just a weird inning, to say the least,” Eickhoff said. “I have pretty good command, so when that happens, something’s just kind of off. Frustrating nonetheless. I’ve gotta be able to minimize and shut down the damage as soon as possible. I just wasn’t able to do that.”

Batting practice pitchers also have good command. That doesn't make them good pitchers.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

5F727F6E69786F2F2C1D0 wrote: Per the PG:

Eickhoff allowed 10 earned runs, including a seven-spot in the second inning, becoming the first pitcher in Pirates history to allow 10 earned runs in his team debut.

What’s more, the last time Eickhoff started an MLB game, he also allowed 10 earned runs as a member of the New York Mets. That fact makes him the first pitcher to allow 10 earned runs or more in back-to-back starts since Chubby Dean with the Philadelphia Athletics in 1940.

“It was just a weird inning, to say the least,” Eickhoff said. “I have pretty good command, so when that happens, something’s just kind of off. Frustrating nonetheless. I’ve gotta be able to minimize and shut down the damage as soon as possible. I just wasn’t able to do that.”

Batting practice pitchers also have good command. That doesn't make them good pitchers. 

"Chubby" Dean? Gotta love the nicknames from the old days.
mouse

Post by mouse »

On the positive side, Hembree is the one they DFA'd to make roster space for Eickhoff.