Post by Surgnbuck »

Joel Hanrahan

Jason Grilli

Mark Melancon

David Bednar

Francisco Liriano

AJ Burnett

Edinson Volquez

See? You all make it out like something is wrong with the Pirates "development". How'd these guys get turned around from their previous organizations?

Every team has a slew of players that they gave up on, and flourished somewhere else.

The Archer trade has magnified things in peoples minds. You're all raving about Chad Kuhl. We have Chad Kuhl, he's pitching today, Zach Thompson.

Step out of Yinzer-centric thinking, and you'll see, nothing to see here.
WildwoodDave2

Pirates Dream Staff

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

624443565F5344525A310 wrote: Joel Hanrahan

Jason Grilli

Mark Melancon

David Bednar

Francisco Liriano

AJ Burnett

Edinson Volquez

See? You all make it out like something is wrong with the Pirates "development".  How'd these guys get turned around from their previous organizations?

Every team has a slew of players that they gave up on, and flourished somewhere else.

The Archer trade has magnified things in peoples minds. You're all raving about Chad Kuhl. We have Chad Kuhl, he's pitching today, Zach Thompson.

i would say you have a very good point here.
steve49

Pirates Dream Staff

Post by steve49 »

597F786D64687F69610A0 wrote: Joel Hanrahan

Jason Grilli

Mark Melancon

David Bednar

Francisco Liriano

AJ Burnett

Edinson Volquez

See? You all make it out like something is wrong with the Pirates "development".  How'd these guys get turned around from their previous organizations?

Your list pales in comparison. Plus Hanrahan , Grilli , Melancon and Burnette all came to the Pirates around a decade ago. The only pitcher you list that matches up "time wise " is Bednar.
Surgnbuck

Pirates Dream Staff

Post by Surgnbuck »

292E3F2C3F6E635A0 wrote: Joel Hanrahan

Jason Grilli

Mark Melancon

David Bednar

Francisco Liriano

AJ Burnett

Edinson Volquez

Your list pales in comparison. Plus Hanrahan , Grilli , Melancon and Burnette all came to the Pirates around a decade ago. The only pitcher you list that matches up "time wise " is Bednar.

I'm sorry, I must have not read the rules. What difference does it make time wise? My list doesn't pale in comparison, btw. I'm simply pointing out that this thread is typical yinzeresque, thinking the Pirates are the only team that has given up on players who did well elsewhere. Hell, throw in Charlie Morton then.
GreenWeenie

Pirates Dream Staff

Post by GreenWeenie »

I dnk enough about the Padres to know if they gave up on Bednar.  They wanted a SP, and the were willing to trade a RP to get him.

It takes a guy to get a guy.
steve49

Pirates Dream Staff

Post by steve49 »

331512070E0215030B600 wrote: Joel Hanrahan

Jason Grilli

Mark Melancon

David Bednar

Francisco Liriano

AJ Burnett

Edinson Volquez

I'm sorry, I must have not read the rules. What difference does it make time wise? My list doesn't pale in comparison, btw. I'm simply pointing out that this thread is typical yinzeresque, thinking the Pirates are the only team that has given up on players who did well elsewhere. Hell, throw in Charlie Morton then.

Charlie Morton was not on my list as he's not a #1 or #2 starter as are the others that I listed. I do think the time element is relevant. Surprised you didn't bring up how Jim Bibby pitched well when he came over to the Pirates 45 years ago. Also I never said the Pirates were the only team in baseball that gave up on a player that did well with another team.
GreenWeenie

Pirates Dream Staff

Post by GreenWeenie »

Is Bryse Wilson on anyone's list?
Bobster21

Pirates Dream Staff

Post by Bobster21 »

073225252E1725252E2925400 wrote: Is Bryse Wilson on anyone's list?
He's on the Cardinals' list of BP pitchers.
JollyRoger

Pirates Dream Staff

Post by JollyRoger »

3037263526777A430 wrote: Can you imagine a staff like this ?

1) Cole

2) Tallion

3) Glasnow

4) Musgrove

5) Baz

Maybe you should have added Tyler Anderson who is now 8-0 as a Dodger and just missed throwing a no hitter against the Angels tonight
GreenWeenie

Pirates Dream Staff

Post by GreenWeenie »

I thought that it was a mistake to dump that guy. I hope for our sake that he wanted to leave.