7/8 Game Thread - Liriano v Arrieta

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

With a 2-run lead, Liriano walks a pair in the 5th. This is not good.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

2 straight games first man out of the pen goats it and give up a HR. They can flash that bullpen ERA stat since June 25th until the cows come home, these guys are only a few weeks removed from being a consistent disaster.

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

3E373F2E205A0 wrote: 2 straight games first man out of the pen goats it and give up a HR.  They can flash that bullpen ERA stat since June 25th until the cows come home, these guys are only a few weeks removed from being a consistent disaster.

I mentioned a few days ago that despite not giving up runs, the bullpen was getting into and out of a lot of trouble. So I think luck was playing a big part in their scoreless streak. Now some of those hard hit balls are going over fences.
Tintin

Post by Tintin »

I said preseason that the two big Cubs weaknesses were defense and their bullpen.

When you win games 7-2 every night, these two things aren't big issues.

When you play close games, it shows up and we are seeing it from them in the last 20 games.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I was listening on the radio when Liriano was pulled. I would have left him in. A ground ball got him out of that jam. Again, that was my thinking by listening.

Then tie game. Ugh.

Bats came alive again. Frazier pinch hitting was a strange move that worked. Bell with a sweet swing and hit. Too bad his dad was out of his seat (really).

I sure hope Polanco isn't hurt bad and heals over the break.

Time to end this game. Melancon should come in no matter what.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Two on. Now Melancon comes in. Come on, Hurdle. Just win the game.
KLBuccos

Post by KLBuccos »

Can't believe we won this game. Now we have a good chance to win this series.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

HUGE HUGE HUGE win.

Man, hitting Arrieta, and tagging him for 6 earned runs, and BEATING HIM ... sure felt good.

Love the fact that Bell and Frazier played a role.

If today you had to rank most important FA signings of the offseason, the underrated signing of David Freese would have to be in the top 5. He has been very good all season and awesome over the last few weeks.

S-Rod ... Wow.

Man I desperately want a sweep, but we HAVE to get 2 of 3.

When the Pirates were 15 games out, if you had told me they would get it down to 7.5 before the A-S break, I would have never believed it.
KLBuccos

Post by KLBuccos »

Next up:

Leste vs Kuhl

Lackey vs Niese
KLBuccos

Post by KLBuccos »

* Lester