Hayes Being Recalled Tomorrow

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Enjoy him while he's here. We should start a poll!
Javy

Post by Javy »

207660747B61717A776052757F737B7E3C71120 wrote: Jason Mackey is reporting Ke’ Bryan Hayes is being recalled for the Tuesday game against the Cubs.

He probably won't get into a game until Thursday.

I see you didn't specify WHICH Thursday.... >:(
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

2A011619600 wrote: Jason Mackey is reporting Ke’ Bryan Hayes is being recalled for the Tuesday game against the Cubs.

He probably won't get into a game until Thursday.

I see you didn't specify WHICH Thursday.... >:(

You'd think I'd know better.
Javy

Post by Javy »

You're still new at this stuff....experience is the best teacher ;)
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

416068416A62050 wrote: I won't miss Osuna. 

I won't miss Neveraskus ... or Stratton, or almost anyone in the bullpen, or Holland, or Polanco, or JRM, or Riddle, or Williams, or ...
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put Hayes out there at 3B and just LEAVE HIM THERE.

Don't start JT Riddle 2 out of every 3 games.

Just leave Hayes out there and let him get 25 starts against MLB pitching in low-pressure situations.

He may not hit great right out of the gate, but just let him get his at-bats and find his way in the early going. It's bound to help him heading into next year.

I fear that Hayes will start twice a week so that Riddle can get his at-bats.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

4163706D6E6B6C63407761616D020 wrote: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put Hayes out there at 3B and just LEAVE HIM THERE.

Don't start JT Riddle 2 out of every 3 games.

Just leave Hayes out there and let him get 25 starts against MLB pitching in low-pressure situations.

He may not hit great right out of the gate, but just let him get his at-bats and find his way in the early going. It's bound to help him heading into next year.

I fear that Hayes will start twice a week so that Riddle can get his at-bats.
I think Hayes will get the majority of the starts for the remaining of this season. They want to see how he handles big league pitching. Riddles time in Pittsburgh will end this offseason. Phil Evans will remain on the 40 man winter roster because of the way he played prior to his injury.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

If Riddle starts at 3B tonight I will snap ...
Javy

Post by Javy »

4B697A67646166694A7D6B6B67080 wrote: If Riddle starts at 3B tonight I will snap ...

C'mon CB - if he doesn't get his share of at-bats, how do you expect him to maintain his .150 BA, 1 HR and 1 RBI + that scintillating .445 OPS?

Hayes is a suspect and cannot be counted on to outperform a proven veteran like Riddle
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I'm really liking Hayes. He was billed as a strong defensive player with a questionable bat. But he looks so comfortable at the plate. It's only taken him 4 MLB games to get a single, double, triple and home run. Unlike so many Pirate batters, he doesn't step up to the plate looking like he knows he's overmatched. Sometimes players become much better hitters at the MLB level than they were at the minor league level. Maybe Hayes will become one of those. But at least in his first few games he looks more than up to the task.