Where Do We Place Henry Davis In Our System?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BenM

Post by BenM »

Which Pirate affiliate got eliminated during MiLB contraction?
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

0C2B20034E0 wrote: Which Pirate affiliate got eliminated during MiLB contraction?

My favorite team was the WV BlackBears from the old NY-Penn league that was short-season A-. I was a partial STH for about 4 years until contraction.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

4F4342191019111C1B041E290 wrote: Davis is making his debut in the Florida League today, and has hit a double and a homer. That is a very good start !
That is good to hear especially with a long off. I agree with the others. Bring him along slowly and build up confidence.Especially on the defensive end where he admits be has some deficiencies
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

For as bad as our catching depth in the system .. and it sucked completely, BC has done a good job with this.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

1F0F0E392F2F234C0 wrote: For as bad as our catching depth in the system .. and it sucked completely, BC has done a good job with this.

yep, he changed the catching depth over a couple weeks of the season.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

7A5C5D4A5C4C3F0 wrote: For as bad as our catching depth in the system .. and it sucked completely, BC has done a good job with this.

Yes, but some will tell you that it'll take 47 more years before the Pirates will win because of Cherington's kick-the-can-down-the-road plan, which is why he left a good Blue Jays organization to come here and intentionally fail. ::)
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

663026323D27373C3126143339353D387A37540 wrote: For as bad as our catching depth in the system .. and it sucked completely, BC has done a good job with this.

Yes, but some will tell you that it'll take 47 more years before the Pirates will win because of Cherington's kick-the-can-down-the-road plan, which is why he left a good Blue Jays organization to come here and intentionally fail.   ::)

I noticed most (all?) of those people were no longer commenting on Ben and the draft. Silence can be really Loud sometimes.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

4344525A5443040871565C50585D1F525E5C310 wrote: For as bad as our catching depth in the system .. and it sucked completely, BC has done a good job with this.

Yes, but some will tell you that it'll take 47 more years before the Pirates will win because of Cherington's kick-the-can-down-the-road plan, which is why he left a good Blue Jays organization to come here and intentionally fail.   ::)

I noticed most (all?) of those people were no longer commenting on Ben and the draft.  Silence can be really Loud sometimes. 

We all want the team to be competitive right now. We all want the Pirates to be owned by someone who puts winning above profit. So I'm not sure how anyone can think that competitiveness was going to happen within two seasons with the players who were in the organization, and with an owner who won't spend. This organization is being built in the only way that's possible here: through young talent acquisition. We all knew that's what BC would do, so why complain when he doesn't do business like the Yankees, Dodgers, or Red Sox?
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

257365717E64747F726557707A767E7B3974170 wrote: For as bad as our catching depth in the system .. and it sucked completely, BC has done a good job with this.

I noticed most (all?) of those people were no longer commenting on Ben and the draft.  Silence can be really Loud sometimes. 

We all want the team to be competitive right now.  We all want the Pirates to be owned by someone who puts winning above profit.  So I'm not sure how anyone can think that competitiveness was going to happen within two seasons with the players who were in the organization, and with an owner who won't spend.  This organization is being built in the only way that's possible here:  through young talent acquisition.  We all knew that's what BC would do, so why complain when he doesn't do business like the Yankees, Dodgers, or Red Sox?   

Agree 100%.

And when BC took over, it wasn’t just the major league team that looked hopeless, the farm was down and out. I was as pessimistic as anyone even last winter. But I’m willing to rethink my position and even acknowledge when I’m wrong: I was wrong about Ben. The guy is knocking it out of the park.

What’s crazy to me is that, as you said, “we all want to win” but some people seem to take no joy where the organization is being very successful. I think maybe some people would rather Nutting fail than have him get the benefits of others work. Frankly, I actually get that.