7/7 Game Thread...Glasnow MLB Debut = 8 wins in a row...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I expect Glasnow to be pretty solid today. I look for him to pitch at least 6 maybe 7 innings and keep the Pirates very much in this game. One thing about Glasnow is he doesn't give up many hits at all. Wainwright has not been very good at all this season so I expect the Pirates to be able to score some runs off of him. Man how sweet would it be to sweep the Cardinals in St Louis 4 games in a row and finish this road trip at 8-1. That would be absolutely phenomenal.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

a win today guarantees a winning record going into the ASB, which hey that's something
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

The Pirates have had so many pitching debuts on National TV.

I did tape the game. I am excited to see him pitch too. I wish it was at home and with some hype (good PR move), but oh well.
UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

I find it interesting that Glasnow gets this start before the break and then has a bullpen before another potential start. I would expect Searage to watch him closely and then fine tune his mechanics in that bullpen session before his next start. I know this has happened with other new pitchers in the past.

With all the debate about Glasnow that we've had, I think he's here to stay.

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Looks like the game is going to be delayed by rain to start. In someway I hope this game gets cancelled today so that Glasnow could make his debut at home tomorrow night against Jake Arietta. How awesome would that be???
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Well nevermind looks like they are gonna play here very shortly. Looks like a 2:15 start time today. Go get em Tyler!!!
ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

7 pitch walk to start the career

did not want to see that

settle in now

just win baby
ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

first K of many hopefully

SB by Garcia
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Nice job by Glasnow to work around that leadoff walk. I thought his fastball was around 96-97 they were saying and so far it looks like he is hitting around 93-94. Hopefully the velocity will come.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Jordy hardly did his teammate any favors by letting Garcia advance to 3rd on an an easy out. But Jung Ho makes a great play to get Gladnow out of the inning.

Overall - a very good inning by Tyler!