We Need Another Lefty In the Pen

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SyrBucco

Post by SyrBucco »

There is one issue affecting the current bullpen lineup that has to be addressed, especially with Brault in the rotation. We need to find a lefty reliever who is worth keeping on the 40-man roster, and who can, at minimum, act as a LOOGY sometime soon. I've looked over the Free Agent Tracker and there are no unsigned lefties worth considering.

There are no lefties on the Indy roster. But at Altoona, we have an interesting guy with great stuff, our #13 ranked prospect, Taylor Hearn. I say we fast track this guy to AAA and see if he survives. Then we can put Smoker back at Indy and let him figure out how to pitch. Right now, he's clearly overmatched.

We have room on the 40-man. We have a glaring need. Stop being overcautious about rushing prospects!

Crick can come up and take Neverauskas's place. I say we bring up Hearn to take Smoker's place.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I was going to post something similar. I think they should try to trade for some veteran bullpen arms. I don't know who, but they to ask around. Maybe this team is actually good? Don't need all of these young guys just yet.

If no trade, bringing up Crick should happen soon. If he isn't starting in the minors, see what he can do in the Pirates bullpen. I have no problem shuffling guys back and forth. Some guys got to go now (Neverauskas, Smoker).
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

Agree with Syr, Hearn is legit. No need to trade.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

44616262775C61696B7C0E0 wrote: Agree with Syr, Hearn is legit. No need to trade.

I like Hearns too. I thought he was the main piece in that trade. He's been wild in the minors. He might not be fully grown into his frame.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

That Siegrist guy has a pretty good track record if he ever decides he wants to pitch again.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

This is all on Siegrist. The Bucs have him until June 1. Go to Indy, reestablish your velocity.......and there is NOTHING standing in your way to joining this 1st place team. Swallow your d--- pride and everyone can win here.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Schugel threw a scoreless rehab inning for Bradenton tonight.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

7C565D6D5A4C4C402F0 wrote: There is one issue affecting the current bullpen lineup that has to be addressed, especially with Brault in the rotation. We need to find a lefty reliever who is worth keeping on the 40-man roster, and who can, at minimum, act as a LOOGY sometime soon. I've looked over the Free Agent Tracker and there are no unsigned lefties worth considering.

There are no lefties on the Indy roster. But at Altoona, we have an interesting guy with great stuff, our #13 ranked prospect, Taylor Hearn. I say we fast track this guy to AAA and see if he survives. Then we can put Smoker back at Indy and let him figure out how to pitch. Right now, he's clearly overmatched.

We have room on the 40-man. We have a glaring need. Stop being overcautious about rushing prospects!

Crick can come up and take Neverauskas's place. I say we bring up Hearn to take Smoker's place.

I agree that they are way to cautious about bring up good young arms. They get left in minors wearing there arms out before we bring them up.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

They started with Glasnow, Brault, Santana, Feliz and Neverauskas in the Bullpen and just brought up Holmes. They are all young players with not a lot of major league experience?
Buccos1313

Post by Buccos1313 »

Fernando Abad is still a free agent.... worth a look?