Jason Kendall And Bucs Talking

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

According to Pirates Insider Jason Mackey the Bucs and Jason Kendall have had discussions regarding a position in the Bucs organization. Nothing has been finalized, but possibly he would work with the young catchers in the organization, as well as some additional duties. Maybe guys like Kendall and someone like A J Burnett could join the organization and show the young players how to play with a chip on their shoulders.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Can he pitch? :D
GermanTownship

Post by GermanTownship »

Correctly if I am wrong, but wasn’t Kendall, Brian Giles, and Williams, the relief pitcher, part of the “cancer” that caused issues in the clubhouse? According to Stan Savern, the longtime sports personality in Pittsburgh, he mentioned them on many occasions. Still remember him saying how they mistreated young players like Jack Wilson.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

5C7E69767A754F746C756873726B1B0 wrote: Correctly if I am wrong, but wasn’t Kendall, Brian Giles, and Williams, the relief pitcher, part of the “cancer” that caused issues in the clubhouse? According to Stan Savern, the longtime sports personality in Pittsburgh, he mentioned them on many occasions. Still remember him saying how they mistreated young players like Jack Wilson.

That's how I remember it, too. Those three guys were jackasses. And are the Pirates sure they want Kendall instructing the catchers? It's not like he was even decent defensively.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

According to an headline in the Athletic Kendall has joined the Pirates Development Staff. I saw the headline about Kendall, but I am not a subscriber to the Athletic. I am sure Jason Mackey or one of the other Pirate beat writers will follow up with an article.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Can he score runs?
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

596C7B7B70497B7B70777B1E0 wrote: Can he score runs?

Runs? Can he hit MLB pitching? Can he still throw runners out on the bases? I doubt it Weenie. His job is to make sure that Henry Davis progresses so he can do all those things including HRs He is a great hire by BC.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Much ado about nothing IMHO. No one would even be giving a kwrap if it weren't that it's Jason Kendall.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

26070F260D05620 wrote: Can he score runs?

Runs?  Can he hit MLB pitching?  Can he still throw runners out on the bases?  I doubt it Weenie.  His job is to make sure that Henry Davis progresses so he can do all those things including HRs He is a great hire by BC.

Can he ANNOUNCE?
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

6A5F4848437A48484344482D0 wrote: Can he score runs?

Runs?  Can he hit MLB pitching?  Can he still throw runners out on the bases?  I doubt it Weenie.  His job is to make sure that Henry Davis progresses so he can do all those things including HRs He is a great hire by BC.

Can he ANNOUNCE? 

Great. Another guy for Brown to fawn over for 3 hours