Harrison update?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Harrison update?

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Harrison could be back with the Pirates this upcoming weekend. That will mean someone has to go. It is probably between Osuna, Moroff, and Frazier.

If Frazier doesn't hit this week, I would send him down. Probably unlikely, but that is what I would do. Osuna needs to stay up. Moroff can back up the infield. Maybe more playing time will get Moroff's bat going. Frazier has been a disappointment this season.
OrlandoMerced

Harrison update?

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Either Frazier, or Moroff should go down, doesn't matter to me which one.

I don't think Osuna has anything more to prove in AAA and he's hit well when in Pittsburgh. I'd like to see him spell Bell some more as Bell could use some additional days off.
mouse

Harrison update?

Post by mouse »

I would guess Moroff. Hurdle doesn't seem inclined to play him and he's pretty much covered by others who play the same positions. Osuna can at least stand in right field and he has been hitting well.
dmetz

Harrison update?

Post by dmetz »

It should be Moroff. Hurdle won't play him and the opportunity to get him some consistent MLB at bats has passed.   We wasted that time on Frazier.   Oh well.   

Osuna should stay up and spell Josh Bell instead of Freese.   I'm not 100% convinced that Bell is the better 1b prospect anymore.  75%-85% now lol.
INbuc

Harrison update?

Post by INbuc »

Probably some roster preservation management going on. Based on the way they have used Moroff it is almost like they don’t want him to get a foothold. I like both Frazier and SRod, but I am sure the TBMTIB doesn’t want those two becoming obsolete assets. Sending down Moroff is probably the least argumentative move for now. I have wondered if Harrison’s injury had been a season-ender if Moroff would be getting most of the starts by now?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Harrison update?

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Moroff hasn't shown he can hit in the majors yet. I know he only has 150 at bats, but Frazier hit .300 in his 150 rookie at bats. Frazier has shown signs of hitting in the majors.

They might be ok with Frazier as a pure back up and don't see a future starter in him. His defense isn't helping him. Moroff is only a year younger than Frazier.

Some every day starts against lesser talent might get Frazier's bat going. Moroff is a switch hitter, so it isn't like you are missing that lefty if Frazier goes down.

Bobster21

Harrison update?

Post by Bobster21 »

Frazier has been a valuable hitter the past 2 years and showed flashes this year. He's established himself and if the Bucs didn't want him I'm sure some other team would like to have him. I like both Frazier and Moroff. But I think the team mgt sees Moroff as a useful sub who can be recalled as needed to fill in as a sparingly used utility player with some pop in his bat. I'm sure Moroff's time on the roster depends on Harriuson's return and Frazier's does not.