3. Michael Chavis (R) 1B

4. Yoshi Tsutsugo (L) DH

5. Diego Castillo (R) SS

6. Jack Suwinski (L) RF

7. Roberto Perez (R) C

8. Josh VanMeter (L) 2B

9. Jake Marisnick (R) LF

P Brubaker

As expected, Vogelbach's 2 for 4, 2 RBI game earned him Shelton's highest reward: a day off. Shelton's too smart to play him against a LHP. So he starts Tsutsugo against the LHP. Also, another chance for VanMeter to get his BA up into the .180s. Thank goodness he's become a fixture in the lineup.
Surgnbuck

4/30 Game thread Bucs vs Padres

Post by Surgnbuck »

Let's Go Bucs!!!
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

1-0 Bucs after one inning. I don't want to put the Zach Thompson jinx onBrubaker but he just had a 10 pitch inning.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

406169406B63040 wrote: 1-0 Bucs after one inning.  I don't want to put the Zach Thompson jinx onBrubaker but he just had a 10 pitch inning. 
Well, he now has thrown 3 very good innings ( I know I shouldn't have said that)
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

More evidence of the need for robo ball/strike calls. Machado takes an 0-1 pitch squarely in the strike zone. Ump calls it a ball. Machado misses the next pitch making it 1-2 instead of walking back to the dugout. He subsequently walks after 3 legit strikes and scores on a HR. One missed call can change an AB. In this case it changed the score.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

132D2820332B2B200025322176440 wrote: 1-0 Bucs after one inning.  I don't want to put the Zach Thompson jinx onBrubaker but he just had a 10 pitch inning. 
Well, he now has thrown 3 very good innings ( I know I shouldn't have said that)

We both deserve a self-imposed ban for the rest of the game!
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

092429383F2E39797A4B0 wrote: More evidence of the need for robo ball/strike calls. Machado takes an 0-1 pitch squarely in the strike zone. Ump calls it a ball. Machado misses the next pitch making it 1-2 instead of walking back to the dugout. He subsequently walks after 3 legit strikes and scores on a HR. One missed call can change an AB. In this case it changed the score. 
Yep and it's always the veteran with a big contract that seems to get the call. Ridiculous. On another note I had to switch to San Diego broadcast to watch the game. The deal with Fort is just ridiculous, don't they know we want to watch the game.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

527F72636475622221100 wrote: More evidence of the need for robo ball/strike calls. Machado takes an 0-1 pitch squarely in the strike zone. Ump calls it a ball. Machado misses the next pitch making it 1-2 instead of walking back to the dugout. He subsequently walks after 3 legit strikes and scores on a HR. One missed call can change an AB. In this case it changed the score. 
It's all my fault :-[
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

517078517A72150 wrote: 1-0 Bucs after one inning.  I don't want to put the Zach Thompson jinx onBrubaker but he just had a 10 pitch inning. 

We both deserve a self-imposed ban for the rest of the game!
You know how the home plate Ump always checks the pitchers glove as he goes to the dugout? I wonder what would happen if the pitcher would say " can I check your eye sight?"
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1D23262E3D25252E0E2B3C2F784A0 wrote: More evidence of the need for robo ball/strike calls. Machado takes an 0-1 pitch squarely in the strike zone. Ump calls it a ball. Machado misses the next pitch making it 1-2 instead of walking back to the dugout. He subsequently walks after 3 legit strikes and scores on a HR. One missed call can change an AB. In this case it changed the score. 
It's all my fault :-[
That's obvious. :)