Andrew McCutchen

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Andrew McCutchen

Post by DemDog »

3C373F3336372C696F182139303737763B37580 wrote: Sorry for the misspelling of your name, Dogknot3.

Not to worry about his name.  Dog gets called many things on this site, quite a few are less than nice.  But he has the thickest skin of any Pirate Fan I know so he can put up with your misspelling of his name here.  Nice that you would apologize for sure.

I bet it's not even his real name anyhow   :D

Maiden name.

What a great comeback Dog, I have seemingly misjudged you. Not a critical thinker but a great, great wit! :) :)
GermanTownship

Andrew McCutchen

Post by GermanTownship »

You guys are GREAT with the comebacks!!!
iabucco

Andrew McCutchen

Post by iabucco »

It's funny that I hope Cutch does well and would enjoy seeing him do well but am much more ambivalent for Cole or even the opposite. It isn't really surprising me that Cole is having success. I know Pirates Prospects has written a piece about Cole and Morton throwing more breaking balls and that is a big part of their success but I just can't shake the feeling that as much as Cole saw himself as an alpha dog and leader that he finds success when he can simply tag along for the ride. When he was the most successful here Burnett was the ace and leader and Liriano was probably 1A.

So, when he left and talked about the front office and winning, there was certainly truth but I felt he should have looked in the mirror and realized how his very average pitching for the last couple of seasons really contributed to Pirates failures.

Also, as much as I love Cutch, there is no way this team gets off to the start they have if he is batting third in the lineup. You have to have a loaded lineup to be able to get by with Cutch's really poor starts to the season. He is likely to heat up but by that time the Pirates would be out of the running.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Andrew McCutchen

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

232B283F2929254A0 wrote: It's funny that I hope Cutch does well and would enjoy seeing him do well but am much more ambivalent for Cole or even the opposite.  It isn't really surprising me that Cole is having success.  I know Pirates Prospects has written a piece about Cole and Morton throwing more breaking balls and that is a big part of their success but I just can't shake the feeling that as much as Cole saw himself as an alpha dog and leader that he finds success when he can simply tag along for the ride.  When he was the most successful here Burnett was the ace and leader and Liriano was probably 1A. 

So, when he left and talked about the front office and winning, there was certainly truth but I felt he should have looked in the mirror and realized how his very average pitching for the last couple of seasons really contributed to Pirates failures. 

Also, as much as I love Cutch, there is no way this team gets off to the start they have if he is batting third in the lineup.  You have to have a loaded lineup to be able to get by with Cutch's really poor starts to the season.  He is likely to heat up but by that time the Pirates would be out of the running. 

Good post. I agree with everything you said.

Cole was never a leader. Leaders don't berate players or show them up on the field. Now, he can step back and not be "da man" and let the other, more established veterans take the press time. He is a great talent. His success isn't surprising at all.
SammyKhalifa

Andrew McCutchen

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I just hope Joe Musgrove ends up being OK. I like Moran but people will bring up this trade for years to come if nothing else comes from it.
dmetz

Andrew McCutchen

Post by dmetz »

1A2824243002212825202F28490 wrote: I just hope Joe Musgrove ends up being OK.  I like Moran but people will bring up this trade for years to come if nothing else comes from it.

If we keep winning overall, it won't matter too much. Feliz is really solidifying his spot in the pen. I don't know about Moran. It would be nice if he came out showing more power. It's going to be hard for him to get to "good" status without it. But if he can be "decent" status, Feliz continues as a quality pen guy and Musgrove gets in there as a quality pen guy...I think trade could end up being OK.

It will be alot easier to accept if Moran can be a 20-25 guy and get up into that "good" status. It seems like he's going to be the key value bringer and Musgrove/Feliz are going to be secondary.

It's not about winning trades though, rather winning games. So none of that will matter if the team is good
fjk090852-7

Andrew McCutchen

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Just checked Cutch’s stats and he is hitting.237 with 3 homers and 20 rbi. Cutch has a history of starting slow, but if he does hot have a couple solid months this season, his final stats line will be well below his normal end of season stats. If he does not have a typical Cutch season he may find it difficult to get a long term contract after this season. Also just noticed he has not hit a homer in the past 30 games.
Bobster21

Andrew McCutchen

Post by Bobster21 »

3B37366D646D65686F706A5D0 wrote: Just checked Cutch’s stats and he is hitting.237 with 3 homers and 20 rbi. Cutch has a history of starting slow, but if he does hot have a couple solid months this season, his final stats line will be well below his normal end of season stats. If he does not have a typical Cutch season he may find it difficult to get a long term contract after this season. Also just noticed he has not hit a homer in the past 30 games.
He got his BA up to a season high .259 on May 14. but in 11 games since then he's gone into a 7 for 43 (.163) funk.
fjk090852-7

Andrew McCutchen

Post by fjk090852-7 »

7E535E4F48594E0E0D3C0 wrote: Just checked Cutch’s stats and he is hitting.237 with 3 homers and 20 rbi. Cutch has a history of starting slow, but if he does hot have a couple solid months this season, his final stats line will be well below his normal end of season stats. If he does not have a typical Cutch season he may find it difficult to get a long term contract after this season. Also just noticed he has not hit a homer in the past 30 games.
He got his BA up to a season high .259 on May 14. but in 11 games since then he's gone into a 7 for 43 (.163) funk.

It really appears that his production has fallen off at a faster rate than most players as they approach 30 years old. I could imagine a slight decline as he aged, but his decline appears to be quicker.
Osushawn

Andrew McCutchen

Post by Osushawn »

3F3332696069616C6B746E590 wrote: Just checked Cutch’s stats and he is hitting.237 with 3 homers and 20 rbi. Cutch has a history of starting slow, but if he does hot have a couple solid months this season, his final stats line will be well below his normal end of season stats. If he does not have a typical Cutch season he may find it difficult to get a long term contract after this season. Also just noticed he has not hit a homer in the past 30 games.

It really appears that his production has fallen off at a faster rate than most players as they approach 30 years old. I could imagine a slight decline as he aged, but his decline appears to be quicker.

Well he did get married a few years ago, so I am sure that isn't helping either.