AL Division Series - Rays vs BoSox

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Use this thread to discuss this best of 5 series.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7F5E567F545C3B0 wrote: Use this thread to discuss this best of 5 series.
Rays have been doing it all year-Gotta go with Tampa
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I'm not ready to call Tampa for the WS, but I like them for this series. They did well vs. the Sox during the RS. I expect very good play from both teams. Have at it!
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Tampa.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Going with the Rays
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

The Rays showed us last night with a 5-0 win featuring a dinger by Randy Arozarena in the 5th, and then he stole home in the 7th. That kid is amazing in the playoffs. Believe it or not, they fleeced the Cards for him before last season.
2drfischer@gmail.c

5D7C745D767E190 wrote: The Rays showed us last night with a 5-0 win featuring a dinger by Randy Arozarena in the 5th, and then he stole home in the 7th.  That kid is amazing in the playoffs.  Believe it or not, they fleeced the Cards for him before last season.

The Rays fleecing teams seems to be a thing.
2drfischer@gmail.c

I got a chuckle out of Nelson Cruz's HR off the C-Ring last night. It reminded me of when we were kids and how we'd make similar rules. A ball in the bush behind second base was one base. Hitting the tree in center field was a triple. Hitting Mrs. Rosen's house was an out.

If they intend to stay in Tampa, the Rays really need a different ballpark. But it won't happen as long as their attendance is so poor.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

A new ballpark would make the Rays consistently competitive for championships. ;)
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

67464E674C44230 wrote: The Rays showed us last night with a 5-0 win featuring a dinger by Randy Arozarena in the 5th, and then he stole home in the 7th.  That kid is amazing in the playoffs.  Believe it or not, they fleeced the Cards for him before last season.

I dnk what amazes me more,

A. That a GM can pull off such deals, or

B. That it can be done during off-seasons. ;)