general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

mouse

New Rules for 23

Post by mouse »

2drfischer@gmail.c

New Rules for 23

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

The first goal listed is to "increase action on the field". If it were up to me, I'd increase the sizes of most, if not all, of the playing surfaces so that there are less HRs and more balls in play. I know that won't happen but I'd rather watch a triple than a HR.
WildwoodDave2

New Rules for 23

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7325332728322229243301262C20282D6F22410 wrote: The first goal listed is to "increase action on the field".  If it were up to me, I'd increase the sizes of most, if not all, of the playing surfaces so that there are less HRs and more balls in play.  I know that won't happen but I'd rather watch a triple than a HR.
Voglebach would rather hit a homerun :D
INbuc

New Rules for 23

Post by INbuc »

While I am somewhat indifferent to the base size change, I am not really opposed to any of the other changes. In fact, I fully support the shift changes and infielder positioning changes. Shifting has gone overboard. I get frustrated when someone lines a rocket just to the left of the first baseman, only to be thrown out by the second baseman 50 feet into right field. I hope this change eventually gets outfielders (particularly right fielders) to move closer to the plate as well.

maher.timothy20@gm

New Rules for 23

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

I like all of those changes and in addition I'd move the mound back a bit. I don't know how far. Six inches, a foot? Give the hitters more of a chance against all those 95 mph fastballs.

I'd rather see a game with a bunch of doubles and singles rather than a game with three home runs and fifty strikeouts.
MaineBucs

New Rules for 23

Post by MaineBucs »

Support the base size change and cutting back on shifting, but I am not a fan of the pitch clock, batter's box, and limiting throws to first.

With respect to shifting, far too few players have learned to or chosen to beat the absurd shifts that are deployed against them. If more players did, that alone would increase the number of baserunners and action on the field.
Javy

New Rules for 23

Post by Javy »

While I'm in support of the rules changes (although a little meh on the size of the bases) I sincerely hope that whatever efficiency they gain by the set pitch clock and limiting pick-off throws isn't consumed by MORE commercials.

Too often, the business side of the game drives the thinking of those who run it.

That said, the banning of the shift will bring some more offense back to the game and maybe, just maybe, drive out the 'homer or bust' crap that has permeated the game.

I like home runs as much as the next guy, but guys that only hit HR's or strike out don't add much to the game in my opinion. Hitters like Vogelbach or Schwarber shouldn't be lead-off hitters.
Bobster21

New Rules for 23

Post by Bobster21 »

I despise limiting pickoff throws. They're turning the game into a farce.
SammyKhalifa

New Rules for 23

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I like the pitch clock.

I hate the shift rules. The game should have more strategy not less.
WildwoodDave2

New Rules for 23

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

64565A5A4E7C5F565B5E5156370 wrote: I like the pitch clock. 

I hate the shift rules.  The game should have more strategy not less. 
Agree on both

Saw the pitch clock when I was in Altoona. Game

really moves along

In regard to the shift. The players should have to adjust to the shift. We see these guys trying to pull the ball when either the left side or the right side is completely wide open