Don’t delay. Trade BR to the Rangers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

Seattle and Toronto seem to be out of the BR discussion with their recent OF acquisitions. That leaves the Yankees, Dodgers, and Rangers. The Yankees do not have the pitching prospects.

That leaves the Dodgers and Rangers as the best match.

The Dodgers seem reluctant to trade their top pitching prospect (Miller) due to uncertainties in their rotation.

The Rangers signed deGrom and Eovaldi to give them a solid rotation. Their farm system is loaded!

They have 3 top 100 pitchers in Leiter, White, and Porter. Plus they have Rocker. I think if you could get White/Porter or either White or Porter with Carter an OF who is also in the top 100, then make the deal. If the Pirates get 2 top pitchers from the Rangers then the draft Crews an OF and #1 prospect in the draft. If they get 1 pitcher and Carter then draft the pitcher from Tennessee.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

67424141547F424A485F2D0 wrote: Seattle and Toronto seem to be out of the BR discussion with their recent OF acquisitions. That leaves the Yankees, Dodgers, and Rangers. The Yankees do not have the pitching prospects.

The Dodgers seem reluctant to trade their top pitching prospect (Miller) due to uncertainties in their rotation.

The Rangers signed deGrom and Eovaldi to give them a solid rotation. Their farm system is loaded!

They have 3 top 100 pitchers in Leiter, White, and Porter. Plus they have Rocker. I think if you could get White/Porter or either White or Porter with Carter an OF who is also in the top 100, then make the deal. If the Pirates get 2 top pitchers from the Rangers then the draft Crews an OF and #1 prospect in the draft. If they get 1 pitcher and Carter then draft the pitcher from Tennessee.

You are probably correct that Toronto and Seattle may now be out of the mix for Reynolds. Texas would probably be a good trading partner, but just guessing their offer must be underwhelming. I think we would all agree that if the Pirates trade Reynolds the return must be exceptional. If they trade him just because he requested a trade, and the return does not include top prospects or young MLB upcoming stars then the team has opened the door for other players to request a trade whenever their salary demands are not agreed to by ownership. There are times when I think the Pirates should deal with Reynolds in arbitration for the 2024 and 2025 seasons, and then let him file for free agency. They are in a difficult situation to say the least.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

3B37366D646D65686F706A5D0 wrote: Seattle and Toronto seem to be out of the BR discussion with their recent OF acquisitions. That leaves the Yankees, Dodgers, and Rangers. The Yankees do not have the pitching prospects.

You are probably correct that Toronto and Seattle may now be out of the mix for Reynolds. Texas would probably be a good trading partner, but just guessing their offer must be underwhelming. I think we would all agree that if the Pirates trade Reynolds the return must be exceptional. If they trade him just because he requested a trade, and the return does not include top prospects or young MLB upcoming stars then the team has opened the door for other players to request a trade whenever their salary demands are not agreed to by ownership. There are times when I think the Pirates should deal with Reynolds in arbitration for the 2024 and 2025 seasons, and then let him file for free agency. They are in a difficult situation to say the least.

It’s likely inevitable that Reynolds will be traded.  That’s the reality with players of his caliber, especially those playing in small markets. 

So, if he’s going, it’s imperative to get at least one player in return who’s already proven he’s a solid big leaguer.  The team will begin moving toward being competitive in 2023.  I want at least one guy who can grow with the other young players, helping this season and for the next four to five years.

I’m more interested in quality now, not quantity.
UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

486D6E6E7B506D656770020 wrote: Seattle and Toronto seem to be out of the BR discussion with their recent OF acquisitions. That leaves the Yankees, Dodgers, and Rangers. The Yankees do not have the pitching prospects.

The Rangers signed deGrom and Eovaldi to give them a solid rotation. Their farm system is loaded.

I think the Rangers are the right partner as well. And I think they may be ready to make some noise in the trade market. White/Porter or White/Carter/Ragans. Cole Ragans is a young lefty starter who got his feet wet at the MLB level last year and by signing veterans has been pushed to the bullpen. I'm always looking for potential lefty starters for us!

I too believe it is time to pull the trigger on a trade. That gives you two MLB-ready pitchers and a developing OFer.

I don't think the Dodgers are giving up Miller and according to reports, that's who are are asking for.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

If they trade Reynolds, they need a comparable MLB player in return, plus some prospects. We're done with kicking the can, they need guys who can help the 2023 team, pure and simple. No MLB caliber player in the deal that can help the team today, then no deal.