Indians

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

INbuc

Indians

Post by INbuc »

After players were reassigned this week, it became apparent Indianapolis could have a pretty promising roster. Their positional lineup could look like:

C Stallings

1B Osuna

2B Moroff

SS Newman

3B Wood

OF Luplow

OF Meadows

OF Bostick

Not bad for a AAA team. All but Newman, Meadows, and Wood have already played for the Bucs. Although Wood might be a bit of a long-shot, the others could each see time in Pittsburgh this year.

Although it would be unlikely that possible lineup would remain intact for long, Tucker, Kramer and others are on the way. It could be a fun start for the Indians.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Indians

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Are Kramer and Tucker in Altoona?

I would like to see Kramer play some SS even though Newman and Tucker are the better gloves according to reports.
INbuc

Indians

Post by INbuc »

I am not sure if Tucker and Kramer have been specifically assigned yet, and if so, if it has been released for public consumption. The backflow preventer in my mind tells me none of the guys on my list would go below AAA. I would guess Tucker and Kramer will start in Altoona -- but maybe Kramer will start the year in Indy.

CTBucco

Indians

Post by CTBucco »

If Wood ends up playing 1B and Osuna 3B, it tells us a lot about how they view the future of each guy. Wood has played some 1B this spring.

The best part about that lineup is the lack of up-and-down vets. It's all guys on the way up. Bostick being the one possible exception.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Indians

I assume Hayes will be in Altoona most of the year. Craig will probably stay at 1B and be in Altoona too.
OrlandoMerced

Indians

Post by OrlandoMerced »

I think Kramer will start in Indy and Tucker in Altoona. I don't think Osuna is going to make the majors as a third baseman, so he's really Bell's primary backup and would likely be the starter there if Bell were to miss time.

I think Kramer, Moroff and Wood in some combo will play 2B and 3B for Indy.
INbuc

Indians

Post by INbuc »

757E767A7F7E652026516870797E7E3F727E110 wrote: I assume Hayes will be in Altoona most of the year.  Craig will probably stay at 1B and be in Altoona too.

If Altoona starts the year with Craig-1B, Kramer-2b, Tucker-SS, and Hayes-3B, they would have an infield of three first round draft picks and one second round pick (Kramer).
PMike

Indians

Post by PMike »

7275594E583B0 wrote: I assume Hayes will be in Altoona most of the year.  Craig will probably stay at 1B and be in Altoona too.

If Altoona starts the year with Craig-1B, Kramer-2b, Tucker-SS, and Hayes-3B, they would have an infield of three first round draft picks and one second round pick (Kramer). 

I was down on Craig after seeing him last year in Bradenton. However, that HR he hit the other day was very impressive. The ball really jumped off of his bat. One swing doesn't make a player, but I am a bit more open to him than I was.
OrlandoMerced

Indians

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Also looks like Craig got in much better physical shape then where he was in college.

I fully expect him to have a big year in altoona. There still exist some constraints on the guy (no defensive value and limited power potential for a first baseman). But he looks like a high OBP guy with some power potential.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Indians

I thought Craig was a power bat. He put up 2Bs and HRs in college.