major league chat answer on Cole

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

If all 4 were available, who would be the most sought after pitcher? Darvish, Gray, Quintana, Cole? Or in what order?

Steve Adams

3:14 It depends on which teams are looking... some clubs might prefer the rental and the lower cost of acquisition. They'd all draw interest, but if you're basically asking who commands the largest return, I[highlight]'d rank them Cole, Quintana, Gray, Darvish. The remaining control on the first three is significant.[/highlight]

KO
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I don't think Cole will be traded at the deadline. I think the Central Division is going to go down to the wire and although I am very disappointed with Marte he will rejoin the Bucs in July and help them have a strong second half of the season.
massbucsfan

Post by massbucsfan »

6B4D4C5B4D5D2E0 wrote: If all 4 were available, who would be the most sought after pitcher? Darvish, Gray, Quintana, Cole? Or in what order?

Steve Adams

3:14 It depends on which teams are looking... some clubs might prefer the rental and the lower cost of acquisition. They'd all draw interest, but if you're basically asking who commands the largest return, I[highlight]'d rank them Cole, Quintana, Gray, Darvish. The remaining control on the first three is significant.[/highlight]

KO
I have said it before and will say it again if you get a great trade offer for Cole do it immediately.he is not gonna be here when he becomes a free agent and this team is just not good enough right now to do anything even if they miraculously made the playoffs
Docjon49

Post by Docjon49 »

4A46545445524454414649270 wrote: If all 4 were available, who would be the most sought after pitcher? Darvish, Gray, Quintana, Cole? Or in what order?

Steve Adams

KO
I have said it before and will say it again if you get a great trade offer for Cole do it immediately.he is not gonna be here when he becomes a free agent and this team is just not good enough right now to do anything even if they miraculously made the playoffs
Owners and management aren't brave enough to trade Cole if he's doing well and the Bucs are still in the Central race. They'll trade in the off-season.

This team isn't going anywhere. Best case, they get their clocks cleaned in the first round, and they'd only get there because the rest of the division rolled over and played dead, not by merit.