Upcoming Questions

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

MaineBucs

Upcoming Questions

Post by MaineBucs »

So - two very interesting moves in adding both Kela and Archer. The moves prompt some questions:

1) Who will Archer replace in the starting rotation? Clearly not Tallion or Nova (veteranoisity). Williams has the best record and has pitched shut-out ball in his last 2 starts. Musgrove appears to have real upside, although he has also been an effective reliever. I am guessing that Kingham loses out.

2) What is the new alignment of the pen? My guess, Vasquez in the 9th, Kela and Crick in the 8th, Santana and Crick in the 7th, with Rodriguez and Santana both seeing time prior to the 7th and often in a 2 inning stint. Unless Kuhl comes back soon, I believe the Bucs still need another real reliever.

3) Who are the remaining players in both the Kela and Archer deals. Hoping that neither is too highly rated, but I am fearing the worst.

4) This trade deadline has represented what many have advocated, dealing real prospects to improve the parent club. That said, this would have been an interesting year to be a controlled seller. Nova, Harrison (lots of second baseman), and Mercer all may have had some trade value, albeit for a limited return.

Hoping that the team can take it to the Cubbies and help close the gap between the Bucs and the Cubs and the Bucs and the wild card leaders.
BucsFaninGA

Upcoming Questions

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Maine Bucco, I second your opinion on taking it to the Cubbies and giving them a good hard fought 2 game series. John Maddon is becoming very full of himself and some of the Cubs players act as if it is all over and they are the champs already. Would love to see our Buccos in the thick of it! Beat'em Bucs! 8-)