Where does Colin Moran rank?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

psuinpgh21

Post by psuinpgh21 »

Since I was going to hold off the next poll until I hear who we get for Cutch, this is a new poll. Where does Colin Moran rank? And please, in your comments, add what we should do if he winds up in the top 7- move everyone down or put him in a theoretical tie for that position. I like the tie myself, if there's an extra pick in a round it's still a pick in that round.
psuinpgh21

Post by psuinpgh21 »

By the way, I ended the #7 poll about an hour early so we can concentrate on this one. Taylor Hearn was the #7 prospect. Hopefully will have another poll asking where whomever we got from SF will be (Willie McCovey is still around).
CTBucco

Post by CTBucco »

I can see an argument for him as high as #5. I cannot see putting him ahead of Tucker as Tucker still has the potential to be above average at a premium position.

You could argue that he belongs ahead of Hayes because he's two levels ahead - so that risk is removed - and showed .500+ slugging. But I still think Hayes has the higher upside thanks to his plus glove, better speed, and 5 year age difference.

I voted for 7th, but maybe he should have been 6th. Newman plays the premium position, but has not shown as much with the bat.

Luplow got my vote for 7th before the trade. It's close here. I'd give Moran a slight edge for the position played. Most recently, their bats look pretty similar.
PMike

Post by PMike »

I would have Moran at 4. Behind Baz and ahead of Tucker. He has the pedigree and put up some solid numbers in the PCL (as he should). Plus, we desperately need him to be good/great.
ScottinMass

Post by ScottinMass »

Add him to the spot where most feel he fits and move everyone else down is my thought. I have him at #5
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I'd just add him in now.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

I voted him at #4. That suffices to me.
psuinpgh21

Post by psuinpgh21 »

Bryan Reynolds, Hi-A OF is supposedly the other piece for Cutch. Giants' #2 pick 2016, hit .312 with 10 HR. Unless others disagree I will add him to the next poll. Was the Giants' #4 prospect, so whaddayathink?
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

6C6F6975726C7B742E2D1C0 wrote: Bryan Reynolds, Hi-A OF is supposedly the other piece for Cutch. Giants' #2 pick last year, hit .312 with 10 HR. Unless others disagree I will add him to the next poll. Was the Giants' #4 prospect, so whaddayathink?

8-12
psuinpgh21

Post by psuinpgh21 »

This is a one-day poll. If Moran finishes 7 or above, will slot him there and move everyone down. The next poll will add Bryan Reynolds and will be for #9 unless the winner of the poll is "add him to #8"