Daniel Hudson a Buc

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Daniel Hudson a Buc

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

555D5E697F5A7D721C0 wrote: I don't mind the signing because he's a cheap risk.  He has potential to be a closer and NH has done a good job with the bullpen in past years. (About the only thing NH has excelled at)

Really?  Winning 94, 88, and 98 games in successive years doesn't just happen from having a good bullpen.  NH did a poor job last year, and thus far, this offseason, I'm unimpressed, Hudson not withstanding, but to say that the only thing NH has excelled at is assembling a bullpen, seems to fall short of reality, IMHO.

Unreal comment. The major league line up is set, top prospects in the minors. But the only thing Huntington has done well is the Bullpen?? Wow.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Daniel Hudson a Buc

It looks like the Pirates overpaid. I hope this works out. But I'm surprised people don't care about his salary? It's probably because people want payroll to go up no matter what.
Buccos1313

Daniel Hudson a Buc

Post by Buccos1313 »

I don't think this is an overpay at all.
Bobster21

Daniel Hudson a Buc

Post by Bobster21 »

7D767E7277766D282E596078717676377A76190 wrote: It looks like the Pirates overpaid. I hope this works out. But I'm surprised people don't care about his salary?  It's probably because people want payroll to go up no matter what.
33-year old chronic underachiever, oft injured Charlie Morton signed for 2 years, 14 million. This is the state of MLB today. Bucs gave Hudson 2 years 11 million. That's what questionable pitchers get now if not more. Hardly an overpay by MLB standards. A grossly ridiculous amount by actual, real world standards.
SCBucco

Daniel Hudson a Buc

Post by SCBucco »

5B50585451504B0E087F465E575050115C503F0 wrote: I don't mind the signing because he's a cheap risk.  He has potential to be a closer and NH has done a good job with the bullpen in past years. (About the only thing NH has excelled at)

Really?  Winning 94, 88, and 98 games in successive years doesn't just happen from having a good bullpen.  NH did a poor job last year, and thus far, this offseason, I'm unimpressed, Hudson not withstanding, but to say that the only thing NH has excelled at is assembling a bullpen, seems to fall short of reality, IMHO.

Unreal comment. The major league line up is set, top prospects in the minors. But the only thing Huntington has done well is the Bullpen??    Wow.

I'm one of NH's biggest critics. He has had more success then a bullpen, but I have to admit, you sound more and more like his agent.
SCBucco

Daniel Hudson a Buc

Post by SCBucco »

567B76676071662625140 wrote: It looks like the Pirates overpaid. I hope this works out. But I'm surprised people don't care about his salary?  It's probably because people want payroll to go up no matter what.
33-year old chronic underachiever, oft injured Charlie Morton signed for 2 years, 14 million. This is the state of MLB today. Bucs gave Hudson 2 years 11 million. That's what questionable pitchers get now if not more. Hardly an overpay by MLB standards. A grossly ridiculous amount by actual, real world standards. 

Hudson's successes blow ground chucks away. I'm not saying Hudson is a stud by any means, but compared to what Morton got, its a bargain. Morton wishes he had Hudson's success. Like I said, if we get 2010, 2011 or 2015 Hudson, we got a steal. If we get 2016 Hudson, its bad news.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Daniel Hudson a Buc

Morton is overpaid too. I don't get the comparison. I wouldn't want Morton at $5 million either. Hudson is going to the Bullpen.

By the way, you agree with me about Huntington doing more than just the Bullpen but I come off as his agent? Huntington deserves more credit than that. I will defend that comment or any untrue comment like I always have.
Buccos1313

Daniel Hudson a Buc

Post by Buccos1313 »

from the mlb trade rumors chat with Steve Adams today...

Pirates

3:53

Are you surprised at the overpay for Daniel Hudson given the injury history?

Steve Adams

3:53

I don't think it's an overpay. I think it's a bargain.
Roberto218

Daniel Hudson a Buc

Post by Roberto218 »

I am okay with pickup...but we still could use Nova.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Daniel Hudson a Buc

033E333423253E636069510 wrote: I am okay with pickup...but we still could use Nova.

I don't mind Hudson. And I want Nova too.